Split into UK regions? (1 Viewer)

David M Franks

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Diss, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 165
I can't believe this hasn't been suggested before, but I can't find any reference to it.

How about making some regional groups? I think it could offer some really useful info. For example, I'm new to motorhomes, and would love some impartial advice on hab servicing in my area (east anglia). I know the whole point of motorhoming (if that' a word) is mobility. But knowing where we are based could be pretty useful.

Mind you, it's not me having to code the site, so easy for me to say.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
You can start a group for your own area, eg

OP
OP
David M Franks

David M Franks

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Diss, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 165
lol - yep. And you're in Scarborough. Lovely lovely place.
But if I'm trying to find someone local to service my hab, I don't want to have to trawl through everyone's avatars to find someone local to ask....

Unless, of course, you're psychic? :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
lol - yep. And you're in Scarborough. Lovely lovely place.
But if I'm trying to find someone local to service my hab, I don't want to have to trawl through everyone's avatars to find someone local to ask....

Unless, of course, you're psychic? :)

You'd get a more comprehensive answer just starting a general thread for that sort of thing. People don't always use or even recommend local traders.

For most of us travelling a bit further for quality service is well worth it. We usually turn it into a few days away.

The social groups are great but not compulsory to join so you would be limiting the number of people that would see your question and be able to answer it.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Russell of Link Removed has been mentioned, in a good way, on Fun before. He's mobile too. I'm about to book mine into Becks at Rollesby again.

Edit: Or not. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I've just tried the link & it works. Maybe there was a glitch earlier? - I had problems in other areas but OK now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've just tried the link & it works. Maybe there was a glitch earlier? - I had problems in other areas but OK now.

I think I know why it wasn't working, at least for me.

You have to be logged in to view groups and when I was clicking the link it was opening in a new tab as usual and for some reason the new page didn't detect me as logged in so came up with the error message.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back