Split charge b2b (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
We have a rapido 604 it had a solar panel with dual battery charging. I have not come accross a split charge system, does rapido fit them as standard. Where might it be hiding .

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
your splitcharge will be integral to which ever system rapido use i doubt if you can remove it it seems from what ive gleaned from these pages people fit the b2b in addition to the standard system

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Its a cbe system. Ive read that split chaRge systems need to be removed/ disabled if using a b2b with lithium.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Found this very relevant thread
I was sure some one else must have done it.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Just to close this off
From other thread advice is
20210323_113506.jpg
to cut R37

Just bit the bullet and cut R37

First off impression
It works
The 2 batteries are issolated whether using engine or ehu charging. Engine charges sb only . ehu charges lb. No adverse effects noticed.
With its location its difficult to get to to solder a link back in to check it's reversible.
For the b2b a d+ signal is required, this is available on connector 16 in my case a white wire.
2Dplus.jpg

Nov 28, 2012
newtownards
Funster No
MH
Pilote 633m pvc
Exp
Hi,have you cut the wire then? And is all looking ok.
I have a 7096 and think it is the same setup.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Yep
R37 cut. The box is in a recess, so accessibility poor. Just able to use wire cutter on centre of zero ohm resistor.
The leisure battery now isolated from sb when engine running. Ie as required. The mains charger does work on both (with lb not fully charged) I've since fitted a b2b and lithium battery, works a treat. Some wiring needs tidying up though.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yep
R37 cut. The box is in a recess, so accessibility poor. Just able to use wire cutter on centre of zero ohm resistor.
The leisure battery now isolated from sb when engine running. Ie as required. The mains charger does work on both (with lb not fully charged) I've since fitted a b2b and lithium battery, works a treat. Some wiring needs tidying up though.
Unfortunately, on the older CBE DS340, I don't have that facility, so I'm in touch with a mobile Auto Electrician (also a MH'er), to come and install the relay setup that Pausim installed and posted of. I provided the Sparky with the CBE diagrams which he clearly looked at, as he identified the correct cable and terminal which we should tap into, (without my input), as well as understanding the CBE battery pairing, and my need to isolate the cab battery from that, but only whilst the engine is running. He is also ofay with Sterling and Victron/Votronic B2Bs.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
20210413_101415.jpg
heres the offending" resistor "

JockandRita
I know the pauism threads and relay approach. I started this then found others. I just added the end result to complete this thread.
Glad you got a guy who knows what hes doing.
steven2002 if yours does not have r37 as above see the thread
Very imformative.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
View attachment 484525heres the offending" resistor "

JockandRita
I know the pauism threads and relay approach. I started this then found others. I just added the end result to complete this thread.
Glad you got a guy who knows what hes doing.
steven2002 if yours does not have r37 as above see the thread
Very imformative.
You can see the board was original laid out for a swtich.
Is there a switch?

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
No switch on mine
You can see the board was original laid out for a swtich.
Is there a switch?
Having read your comment on a previous thread i was intending to add one to test reversiblity. It looks as if the electrical system is laid out early in construction and a box built around it (with an accessability hatch) without a total stripdown in my case board access is "difficult ". It was with trepidation that i cut the resistor knowing wardrobe dismantling was a possibility if it didnt do as expected. But it all works as expected. Including taking D+ of the white wire.
20210413_101547.jpg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
20210413_101415.jpg
heres the offending" resistor "
Yep, I hunted high and low, but not found on the DS340 board.

It was with trepidation that i cut the resistor knowing wardrobe dismantling was a possibility if it didnt do as expected. But it all works as expected.
And it's with a similar level of trepidation that's made me get a Sparky in to do what needs doing, as I'm not confident enough of getting it right first time. ;)

Cheers,

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
JockandRita i always have had difficulty paying someone to to a job. Its a matter of trust i suppose.
Been let down too often?
My last hab check (warranty required) confused me :
Gas sytem i have been concerned about the regulator duo system, they said ok but a leak in the bbq point.( not obvious to simple tests) fault repaired gratis.
Electric bed on 3 previous visits ive mentioned the bed issues they have always said it works, weve done nothing. This trip ive no problem with the bed having sussed how problems can occur, their statement weve fixed the bed. No details available.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Cut the R37 resistor on mine And the 3 amp fuse at position number 10 is over heating
Which location is that?
The only fuse 10 i can get refference to is the 10A horn fuse in the engine bay.
In order to have a cbe with r37 van is post 2006?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I now have the need to check it

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Which location is that?
The only fuse 10 i can get refference to is the 10A horn fuse in the engine bay.
In order to have a cbe with r37 van is post 2006?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I now have the need to check it
It is in the CBE DS300 unit

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
JockandRita i always have had difficulty paying someone to to a job. Its a matter of trust i suppose.
Been let down too often?
My last hab check (warranty required) confused me :
Gas sytem i have been concerned about the regulator duo system, they said ok but a leak in the bbq point.( not obvious to simple tests) fault repaired gratis.
Electric bed on 3 previous visits ive mentioned the bed issues they have always said it works, weve done nothing. This trip ive no problem with the bed having sussed how problems can occur, their statement weve fixed the bed. No details available.
I totally get where you are coming from the1andonly, and I have done many a job myself which has resulted in minimum costs with hours of self labour, compared to quotes from the "so called" professionals, but there are times when I am out of my depth, (and not afraid to admit so), where I need to call upon more learned advice/help. I know what I want, and what needs doing. I'm just not confident enough to do "this particular task" myself, as I have never wired up a basic relay, never mind a 5 x terminal closed relay with differing diameters of cables and connections. :Eeek:

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back