Spitting feathers ----- DFDS (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
What about an extra £100 on top of the £84 we had paid for a return ticket on Eurotunnel because my wife needed urgent treatment on a broken crown. The train was half empty but did they care - No robbing bleeders
This has to be a wind up.

If one applied this argument to, say, airlines, then are we to expect them to offer free flights to fill up any empty aircraft seats on the premise that it costs them nothing extra? Are we to expect hotels to offer empty rooms for free because it costs them nothing to fill an unoccupied room? I don't need to labour the example, we all know that if any business were to adopt such philanthropic practices, then they wouldn't be around for very long.

I simply don't share the sense of outrage, if DFDS impose a modest administration charge to alter a booking that a customer has got wrong, then it seems only reasonable that the cost is passed on to the person who made the mistake not passed on to everyone.

Eurotunnel have a tariff charge for travel, regardless of the reason, they don't vary it according to the number of passengers who are on the train. Presumably you had the option of going to a dentist whilst abroad or using whoever your insurers recommended, and from personal experience I can honestly say that overseas dentists are at least equal to those in the UK, therefore it was your choice to return home for treatment.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
What about an extra £100 on top of the £84 we had paid for a return ticket on Eurotunnel because my wife needed urgent treatment on a broken crown. The train was half empty but did they care - No robbing bleeders
Can you explain what they robbed?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back