Speeding (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Didnt think I would ever say this but had to brake and slow down. Due to going to fast through the little village by us?
Stava shows my speed when I get home. I am at the moment 5th fast through the village today. Looking at Strava fastest never dropped below 26mph top speed 32mph village is a 20mph limit. What's your views?

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Speed limits don,t apply to cycles so you did nothing wrong.

If you were using an illegal ebike that's a different matter

OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Speed limits don,t apply to cycles so you did nothing wrong.

If you were using an illegal ebike that's a different matter
Didnt know that about cycles. So a cyclist cant get done for speeding?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Cycles aren't subject to the general highways speeding rules, but there can be local byelaws - particularly in parks.

But if you are going at excessive pace you might get caught for other rules such as careless or inconsiderate riding. Even better, and it would be some achievement, would be to get done for "wanton or furious cycling"

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'm cautious through villages, not because i'm worried about getting a speeding ticket (not sure how that would happen) but because it's an area where stuff happens and i'm probably the least protected one on the road at that moment. Cars pull out, children playing and not to mention cats crossing etc, for that reason i keep to the limits and even then i usually stand up on my pedals to get a better/earlier view of what's going on down the road, as well as being seen earlier.

I have seen the Police handing out tickets to cyclists in the city when they are sneaking through red lights, quite right too.

Take care out there

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You is an ooligan.

One wobble of the front wheel and you easily take out a row of cottages full of nice little old ladies, cowering away from CV19 and hoping by staying at home they will survive. Then this lunatic biker hurtles straight through their pretty little living rooms and squashes them flat. The only surviver, a little old lady on an upstairs toilet is infected when the head of the bike falls on her lap. She ends up is hospital and spreads the virus to the whole hospital killing 2800 staff, 1200 patients, 42 ambulance drivers. Visiting the aftermath, Boris Johnson, catches the virus again but not showing any symptoms infects the whole of the Houses of Parliament resulting in the deaths of all MPs and because of the collapse of law and order President Macron says it is time to retake the UK and we all become EU citizens again.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
You is an ooligan.

One wobble of the front wheel and you easily take out a row of cottages full of nice little old ladies, cowering away from CV19 and hoping by staying at home they will survive. Then this lunatic biker hurtles straight through their pretty little living rooms and squashes them flat. The only surviver, a little old lady on an upstairs toilet is infected when the head of the bike falls on her lap. She ends up is hospital and spreads the virus to the whole hospital killing 2800 staff, 1200 patients, 42 ambulance drivers. Visiting the aftermath, Boris Johnson, catches the virus again but not showing any symptoms infects the whole of the Houses of Parliament resulting in the deaths of all MPs and because of the collapse of law and order President Macron says it is time to retake the UK and we all become EU citizens again.
Too much time on your hands and not enough interesting things to keep you overactive brain busy methinks. :LOL:
Despite that it’s very funny.(y):rofl:

Richard.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
In a past life I always had a titter to myself when I heard of the offence of ‘furious riding’been discussed

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I think that there was a cyclist got done on detling hill going down to fast, it was quite a while ago now. Not sure if they did him for the speed or being reckless.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Many many moons ago when most cycling shorts where still made of sheepsies, and I was still racing, myself and a friend where returning from an evening's training ride and where just near home, we where pulled over by a police motorbike. Thoughts of what did we do wrong-did we jump a light or something.!
Mr policeman comes up to us and says "Congratulations, I've followed you for the last 4 miles through the Hightown Bends and Little Crosby and not once did you drop below 30mph and if you do that again I'll get you autograph and swap it for a citation for furious riding"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back