Speeding fines (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Out on a m/bike ride up the M5 , a big A8 Audi flashes by me , so I thought ok matey , I`ll give you a run:thumb:
Up behind him with plenty of throttle left , I played with him for miles ( I can`t remember the speeds):Eeek:--:whatthe: honest
Pulling off the slip road to my junction , I seen blue lights in my mirrors, that feeling , where sickness, limp knees, fright all rolled into one came over me:cry:
But as rode up the slip road slope , he flashed past along the motorway , I stopped on the overhead pass and seen him pull the Audi in :thumb::ROFLMAO::roflmto:-- BUT , then came the thought ( have I been videoed) from the coppers car:cry::Doh:

Weeks afterwards I dreaded opening the post , I even was looking at electric push bikes for commuting to work ,from fearing the worst.

Nothing did happen , but lesson learnt , I won`t do that again :thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
As Michael Caine might have said, "not a lot of people know this - HGVs over 7.5 tonnes have a speed limit on single carriageway roads of 40 mph"

My guess is that 95% of them exceed this limit but how many are prosecuted? Has anyone ever heard of a prosecution?

I think it would cause chaos if HGVs observed this limit - perhaps the police think so too. So are they using their discretion with HGVs and nicking car drivers like the guy who bought Pete's wife's car for doing 36 in a 30 area???

Two people in my office have points on their licence for between 45 & 50 ina 40 whilst driving a truck........many speed cameras can read a larger vehicle and you will get the fine through the post just the same as a car :Doh: at the end of the day anyone who speeds is risking a conviction, the answer is very simple if we don't want the ticket don't break the law.

I am with JJ speed can kill, admitted not always, but if a 18 ton truck runs into your car at 25mph your chances of survival are 80% more than if it hits it at 35mph.........sorry John I don't agree watching your speed will take your concentration away from your driving.

Having said all of that of course at some time I have broke the speed limit, sometimes I may have thought it was a 40 and it was in fact a 30 but at the end of day if I got caught then it 's down to me..........just my thoughts of course.

All the best Rick

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Speed Kills.

JJ :Cool:

honest guv " i didnt speed intentionally " :notworthy: down hill stretch 30mph limit was distracted for just a few seconds by activity of others on the road, :Doh: looked at speedo and speed had crept up to 36mph :cry:

not making excuses, i'm just a tad annoyed with myself as i normally observe the speed limits. Even if i do drive at 69mph on the motorway ( 3.5T ) if traffic allows; which some think is excessive:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back