Speed Restrictors (1 Viewer)

john jones

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
Funster No
have just purchased a autocruise starblazer not told it had a speed restrictor fitted and having problems getting it removed anybody else had this problem?

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi John
Welcome to the forum
Never had a speed restricter on a motorhome only on HGV
but i have found that some can be decommisioned by removal of a fuse or relay switch just a matter of finding the right one

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi John

Never had a speed limiter fitted on one of my motorhomes and I can only repeat what I copied onto a previous thread about speed limits yesterday....

"Provided that motor homes are not constructed to carry more than 8 passengers, or used to carry goods or burden other than those items necessary for the purpose of living in the vehicle, then they are not subject to speed limiter fitment regardless of weight.

I am sure somebody on here will be able to help you in taking it off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A lot depends on the type and age of the base vehicle, some are purely mechanical devices IE a brick under the throttle approach, and some programed into the ecu,
It always helps when referring to mechanical matters that the base vehicle is stated and not the motor home converter, like wise when its a habitation area or coachwork problem only the converter/model needs to be stated, in a perfect world both:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
J

john jones

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
Funster No
speed restrictor

Hi everyone

Thanks for your answers but I should have pointed out that this a brand new 2008 Autocruise Starblazer on a Peugeot 3 litre diesel engine. What I really wanted to know if anybody else has purchased the same motorhome and is having the same problems in getting the speed restrictor taken off. We have been waiting for 6 weeks and still cannot get any information from Autocruise or our dealer about when it is to be taken off.

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am not 100% sure but a Peugeot main dealer should be able to cancel it on his fancy computer by plugging it it to you M/H.

It might be worth asking them.

Richard...

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I assume this is not a "running in" setup for the Motorhome that the dealer will remove on the first service via the ECU.Richard might just have a good point there.

Just a thought as we had a new van supplied that was restricted prior to first service.

Either way you should have been advised on purchase, I guess.:Doh:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi John
Just spoke to our local Peugeot dealer and it appears that the vehicles are deliverd to the end dealer with the ECU speed restriction turned OFF
and the pre delivery check reqs them to turn it ON if reqd by the use the vehicle is being put to, they say its a one way ticket, they can turn it On but not OFF
the question is WHY was it turned on in the first place
You may be requiring and demanding a new ECU :cry:
Hence the delay and lack of response:Doh:
Geo

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
In my Fiat 2.8 Ducato, there is a bolt with a lock nut directly beneath the gas pedal. I can if I wish unlock the nut and adjust the thread to whatever height enabling me to reduce the max speed of the MH. I have it set to exactly 110 km. This way, there is no chance of me exceeding the speed limit on the Highway of Freeway. And it helps a little with my fuel consumption.

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I supose that makes sence Geo when you think about it. Or all the vans that were ment to be limited would soon get the system sorted out:Smile:.

I guess they have a code on the ECU and thats the end of that.

It is good to know though.

At least it should not limit the power just the top speed.

Richard...

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I supose that makes sence Geo when you think about it. Or all the vans that were ment to be limited would soon get the system sorted out:Smile:.

I guess they have a code on the ECU and thats the end of that.

It is good to know though.

At least it should not limit the powere just the top speed.

Richard...
Hi Richard
Like every thing else, it won't be long before the boys have a crack for it:ROFLMAO:
Geo

OP
OP
J

john jones

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
Funster No
Speed Restrictor

Hi everybody

Thanks for all your comments. Have just heard from Autocruise that they have just received the parts from Peugeot to enable the speed restrictor to be removed.
So hopefully the problem is cured.

Once again thanks everyone for your comments.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back