Speed gantry cameras are turned on m25 (1 Viewer)

Plumberman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
West Midlands.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm Learning
Has anybody actually managed to go fast enough on the M 25 to receive a speeding ticket? I always seem to be there when you are lucky to go above 10mph,
I think the M 25 and the M6 should be re named as the worlds largest car parks,
You would be more liable to get a ticket for a parking offence than a speeding fine!

Last edited:

Plumberman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
West Midlands.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm Learning
I dread going on the M25 but unfortunately it's the gateway to the southern regions,is there really any way round it?have never been on It when there is no hold up of some kind.
10mph was being a bit generous.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Are you serious Gail ?

But of course I am pappajohn :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They arent going to waste electricity and photos they will need to get their money back :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now the dartford tunnel is no longer "manned" they are expecting traffic flow to increase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I dread going on the M25 but unfortunately it's the gateway to the southern regions,is there really any way round it?have never been on It when there is no hold up of some kind.
10mph was being a bit generous.

No you've got it backwards, it's the gateway to those barbarous places up north, like Hertfordshire and Northampton, and the uncharted wilderness the other side of Watford gap:LOL:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The M25 saves you having to drive through London, what's so bad about that?
Even if you are only doing 5mph!

Plumberman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
West Midlands.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm Learning
I would agree that doing 5mph around London is better than going through the centre of London.But it's unfortunate you have to drive an extra 100 miles to get around to reach your destination.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The speed cameras on the managed sections of the M4 & M5 around Bristol have been in operation for a couple of months now and are catching a lot of people. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28329966
I don't think people realise that the cameras are set by the limit in force by the signs which are mandatory rather than advisory.
So if your around Bristol on the M4/M5 and the lights are on beware.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
They are now called "managed motorways". They manage to part more people from ever more money. M62 anyone? M1? So many roadworks with 50mph limits and no one working. Money for old rope.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The variable speed limits have been proven to actually increase the flow of traffic by reducing the concertina effect of people getting too close and then braking, causing the car behind to brake harder, etc etc. this is how many high density traffic jams occur, with no apparent cause. Reducing the overall speed prevents a lot of this and actually improves journey times for everyone. Enforcing the speed limits is a part of the process and we don't have any issues with it at all.

Noted coming round from Heathrow last week that speed cameras (not on the gantries, but at the side of the road behind the gantry - and yes they are clearly marked) on the recently upgraded section around Potters Bar now appear to be active - or at least were happily flashing motorists in the other carriageway

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The speed cameras are switched on and working on the gantry just before Orpington ( junction 4?). Saw them flashing away last weekend.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think they are all digital ones now, so the NIP will be in the post before you get home........ Sort of.

Got a speed limiter on the car so use that a lot of the time nowadays on these actively managed roads. It is almost funny on the managed sections of the A14 with the specs arrays to see people bombing along the outside lane, well over the NSL, braking for the specs camera and then accelerating again. Which part of the phrase "average speed cameras" (which is very prominent) did they not quite understand......

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
No you've got it backwards, it's the gateway to those barbarous places up north, like Hertfordshire and Northampton, and the uncharted wilderness the other side of Watford gap:LOL:

M25 and M6 are obviously a concerted part of a plot to slow down all you manic Southerners before you reach the calm of the North.:rolleyes:
PS How long have Herts and Northants been up north?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
M25 and M6 are obviously a concerted part of a plot to slow down all you manic Southerners before you reach the calm of the North.:rolleyes:

Yes, well we have to get used to queuing in traffic behind donkey carts on unmade roads whilst braving the continuous rain, don't we? ;):imoutahere:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes, well we have to get used to queuing in traffic behind donkey carts on unmade roads whilst braving the continuous rain, don't we? ;):imoutahere:

Yes and little boys pushing bread delivery bikes up very steep hills delivering their Hovis loaves. " It were like taking bread to the top of t'World" was what the old Hovis advert said I think.

Nothing has really changed though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back