Speed Cameras in France

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bee, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Bee

Bee

Ratings:
    +69
    I just saw this in a local French English Newspaper and thought I would let you all know All drivers in France with Satellite navigatoions devices installed in their vehicles must update the software when driving through France after a new law was introduced in January making it illegal to use radar warning equipmentThe penalty for having this on your Sat Nav is l.500 euros

2. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Ratings:
    +1,468
    I think it's always been illegal to use Radar warning equipment and Sat Navs do not warn you of Radar cameras.
    They do,however give the locations of fixed speed cameras and I believe this is to what you are referring -latest updates should not contain that information. My Garmin 1490 does not ::bigsmile: so I am legal-phew !

3. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Ratings:
    +10,937
    :Sad: Speed cameras in France aren't in big yellow boxes either. I didn't notice them at first and half expected to get home to a few tickets after a recent trip. If you see a warning sign there is likely to be a camera ahead. :Smile: Don't normally speed anyway but the roads over there are so good - and empty.

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Ratings:
    +4,194
    They've always been a bit sneaky, just a grey box at ground level. They are removing the warning signs now.

5. vana

vana Funster

Ratings:
    +18
    Doe's this mean that our old Garmin 660 nuvi is not legal even with the safety camera function switched off?
    Regards Mike