Specific advice please for Fiat PVC ........ (1 Viewer)

danderton

Free Member
Apr 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar
Exp
since 2014
AGM's have never been up to the job.:)

I know that now! Wish I knew that last year when ordering this van and paying extra for a second one. Suspect I will be replacing now with a fresh pair of non AGM. Just working through all the excellent info on the aandn site.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know that now! Wish I knew that last year when ordering this van and paying extra for a second one. Suspect I will be replacing now with a fresh pair of non AGM. Just working through all the excellent info on the aandn site.
After the AGM experience on my last van, I had Gel's in this one, I've got 3 Sonnenschein 78 a/h Gels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheeses

Free Member
May 2, 2018
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Hymer PVC
Exp
Ages. Since April 2018
So I have a Hymer Gran Canyon with pop up roof, and managed to find a way to fit a 250w semi flexi panel without drilling the roof. Cables come in through velcro opening on the upper cabin, are routed along inside around the upper bed, down through the overcab shelf (small hole drilled inside in fibreglass) down under the B pillar covers. They then connect to a victron 100/20 under the passenger seat via a 20a Circuit breaker, the victron is connected to the EBL30. Panel is fixed with gorrila tape for now as heading off Tommorrow and sikaflex did not arrive in time! Thanks to @Minxy Girl for all the ideas on this thread and others relating to solar install. 9m solar extension cables needed for this job.

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_124408.jpg
    IMG_20190505_124408.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So I have a Hymer Gran Canyon with pop up roof, and managed to find a way to fit a 250w semi flexi panel without drilling the roof. Cables come in through velcro opening on the upper cabin, are routed along inside around the upper bed, down through the overcab shelf (small hole drilled inside in fibreglass) down under the B pillar covers. They then connect to a victron 100/20 under the passenger seat via a 20a Circuit breaker, the victron is connected to the EBL30. Panel is fixed with gorrila tape for now as heading off Tommorrow and sikaflex did not arrive in time! Thanks to @Minxy Girl for all the ideas on this thread and others relating to solar install. 9m solar extension cables needed for this job.
Thanks Cheesy one! Don't know if you've had a shuftie at my website but just in case you haven't fill yer boots! :D2

https://globecarcampscoutinfo.yolasite.com/

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User

Nice! Of course you'll have to park with the roof up and your Ar*se to the sun now for max amps! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back