Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I'm looking for a solution to what I would say is 'noise' on a speaker in the motorhome.

We have a plugged into the TV through the AUX port so as to get great sound as that produced by the TV is rubbish. The speaker is plugged in and charged via a 12v adaptor.

All is fine with the sound when watch TV through the .

The problem occurs when I watch 'TV' from the laptop, we get 'noise' through the Bose speaker, however the noise stops if I unplug the speaker from the charger. Also if I unplug the speaker form the TV, the sound produced by the TV is noise free.

The laptop is plugged into the same 12v power source as the TV and speaker, and plays on the TV via an HDMI output through the Oyster.

Any ideas ?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The noise is interference, not in the line. Find a position where the speaker is not effected, or, where the laptop does not affect the speaker.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
The noise is interference, not in the line. Find a position where the speaker is not effected, or, where the laptop does not affect the speaker.
Thanks, that's not real an option without having wires trailing all over the van, although I could try it out to see if it cures the problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You need to identify the problem then you know how to solve it. So as Will said try plugging the laptop in another outlet and see if that stops it, if so, you need to install another 12v outlet somewhere or alternatively use the speaker without plugging it in to the 12v charger.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would be rather unhappy if no noise came out of my speakers...

(Really sorry... I just couldn't stop myself. Bad JJ, bad boy. :()

JJ :cool:
68332973.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Will the speaker work with Bluetooth? You can get a transmitter for a few quid that plugs into the speaker/headphone socket in the tv and will allow you to move the Bose to where the interference is less.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
By the sound of it I would say it is the switching power supply for the laptop generating the noise if it is high frequency noise. 12v laptop supplies use a high frequency switching circuit to step the voltage up to 19v.
If it is low frequency could be a ground loop problem, make sure all units are connected via the same socket.
Failing that why not use the laptop on battery and recharge it when not connected to the TV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back