Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting my new (first) MH next Friday, didn't realise that they don't make Lunar MH's anymore when I bought it.

If someone goes into the back of me or I don't judge that opening quite right are spares available? got me a bit worried now, what about interior items are these available?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
All the gas/electrical equipment, heating/cooking/fridges etc will be bog standard ones used in most vans.

Body parts, they are always a problem whatever the van.

Peter

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Getting my new (first) MH next Friday, didn't realise that they don't make Lunar MH's anymore when I bought it.

If someone goes into the back of me or I don't judge that opening quite right are spares available? got me a bit worried now, what about interior items are these available?

Which model have you got? If it is new how is it a Lunar, I thought they stopped UK production a couple of years ago?

I have a 2009 Homecar A 581 which is basically a Lunar Champ. The Homecar had red flashing on the body work and the Lunar had blue, but strangely mine is a Homecar with blue flashes (confused,com?)

I believe Lunar had the UK franchise before they returned to just making caravans. The company in Belgium is still running and in I have known some people get spares from them. I also think Webbs in Reading used to be a dealer for them and may still get some parts.

Interior parts for items such as fridge, oven etc are easily obtained. We are very pleased with ours.

On the pics the red one is a Homecar a581 but ours is the blue one, also a Homecar a 581. Normally it was the Lunar vans which had the blue flashing. But I have seen the identical van to ours but badged up as a 2009 Lunar.

Attachments

• home-c-ps-19.jpg
    home-c-ps-19.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 29
  • !B+vCC2QBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hQEzek4CD5WBN!m7fGvTQ~~_12.JPG
    !B+vCC2QBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hQEzek4CD5WBN!m7fGvTQ~~_12.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Douzeper

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Which model have you got? If it is new how is it a Lunar, I thought they stopped UK production a couple of years ago?

I have a 2009 Homecar A 581 which is basically a Lunar Champ. The Homecar had red flashing on the body work and the Lunar had blue, but strangely mine is a Homecar with blue flashes (confused,com?)

I believe Lunar had the UK franchise before they returned to just making caravans. The company in Belgium is still running and in I have known some people get spares from them. I also think Webbs in Reading used to be a dealer for them and may still get some parts.

Interior parts for items such as fridge, oven etc are easily obtained. We are very pleased with ours.

Sorry I meant "new to me" :)

It's a 2005 Lunar Champ 670G. Been browsing around the net and it seems a lot of people are having problems with getting parts but quite a few have suggested, like yourself, Homecar in Belgium, not sure whether mine is the same as a Homecar model or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Sorry I meant "new to me" :)

It's a 2005 Lunar Champ 670G. Been browsing around the net and it seems a lot of people are having problems with getting parts but quite a few have suggested, like yourself, Homecar in Belgium, not sure whether mine is the same as a Homecar model or not.

If it is like this Lunar in the pics;

Link Removed

Link Removed

then parts like the windows and sink , cupboards etc are the same as Homecar so I guess most of the other fittings will be too.....

Callum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back