LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
my late 2016 Euro6 600L revolution does :)
It is more a Fiat base van question than a Globecar one i think. I would guess PVC are more likely to have a spare wheel than a coach built on an Alko chassis as they are essentially a complete commercial vehicle and the regular commercial Ducatos will leave the Fiat factory with one -
so with a PVC, i think you should get a spare unless the converter removes it as a way to lose weight and gain payload :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes - well our new 2017 model does! I can't see them NOT supplying one now as it tends to be standard kit on most PVC conversions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Thanks everyone, I didn't fancy driving about without one.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Our Winnebago has one, but you did not ask that and so it matters not. Just thought you would like to know.:)

Not that I could use it, it’s so bl**dy heavy, it takes two men to get it out of its locker. o_O

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
As a follow up, what kind of jack is included with the Ducato if you do need to change a tyre? Is it capable of lifting the max axle weight (2400kg) of the vehicle?
I haven't come across the jack in our various visits to the (soon to be our) vehicle.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The scissor jack and ancillary bits and pieces to change a wheel are provided in a black plastic box that normally slides under the passenger seat, however this space is filled by the elecktrobloc by the converter, so the black case is normally found floating about in the rear of the van or I'm the gas locker before you need to put a gas bottle in there.
We decanted the contents from the box, made some fabric covers and rolls for the stuff to stop it rattling and store the jack and other kit in the gas locker and the hard plastic case lives in the attic :)

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
The scissor jack and ancillary bits and pieces to change a wheel are provided in a black plastic box that normally slides under the passenger seat, however this space is filled by the elecktrobloc by the converter, so the black case is normally found floating about in the rear of the van or I'm the gas locker before you need to put a gas bottle in there.
We decanted the contents from the box, made some fabric covers and rolls for the stuff to stop it rattling and store the jack and other kit in the gas locker and the hard plastic case lives in the attic :)
Thanks @gerry mcg
That sounds a good plan. We'll keep an eye out for the box on the handover. I've just had a look online and it seems that they are rated for 2400kg so that's good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back