LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Does any body know where I can get a 225/70R 19.5 wheel to fit a R.Vision,,, Trail-Lite,, on a "Workhorse" chassis???

No time to get one from the States. :Sad:

Been let down on one that I was promised.. :Sad::Angry:

And would you do a 5-6 K miles trip without one?:RollEyes:

All fitted tyres are in good condition "But" !!!! am I worrying for nothing..

I do have a brand new tyre, :Smile:

Thanks for any idea`s or suggestions.:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
What he said...

This discussion was had recently, can't remember who, but, in theory (you could phone and check) your recovery should also be able to arrange a suitable comercial tyre type to come out and either repair or as you wisely have a spare tyre, fit this if the origional is beyond repair, for what ever reason.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
What he said...

This discussion was had recently, can't remember who, but, in theory (you could phone and check) your recovery should also be able to arrange a suitable comercial tyre type to come out and either repair or as you wisely have a spare tyre, fit this if the origional is beyond repair, for what ever reason.

Thanks Dodgey,, the discussion was probably me,, I was put in touch with a guy who had one,, but turns out it was a red herring,, if he had been honest I could have got one from the states, but have not got time now..
So will go with new tyre and keep fingers crossed.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, dont worry, you have the most important thing, the spare casing,which is difficult to find in Europe.
I personaly wouldnt change a wheel myself on an RV at the side of the road.
Your breakdown cover will arange to have it changed as long as you have a spare tyre.
You will never need the spare rim,just the tyre.
Have a good trip,and I hope you dont need the tyre services. Regards, Dave.:thumb:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
on this subject, if anyone has or knows of a 8.75/16.5 (I think) carcass that could be used as a spare for me, I would be grateful.. even if its just a 'get you home' tyre....

J

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi old-mo. When I recieved my rv from the states I found that the spare wheel didnt fit the rv. Somehow, somebody, somewhere had mixed them up and so I bought a new wheel rim from the states.

The old one is in my garage. I will check the size and let you now tomorrow. If it will fit you can have it.

Jim
:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
when i bought my mitzy it had no spare, being mean i wont pay 180quid for a new one ,cant get sec hand. i gota mercedes wheel and had the center machined and new stud holes drilled fo 40 quid. i also got given a m.a.n. wheel did the same to that one .now i have two spares . so long as its the correct diameter and the inset /offset isnt far out i woulddo that. alright saying use the call out but you could be there hours. like i said last time a practice at home can help alot ready for the disaster on the road. if the worst happens flag a lorry driver they will help i,m sure. be pre[pared was taught it in the scouts. i also carry push in tyre repair sticks good for fixing punctures without changing a wheel ,you need a means of inflation then is your camper on air brakes?cheers alan.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
on this subject, if anyone has or knows of a 8.75/16.5 (I think) carcass that could be used as a spare for me, I would be grateful.. even if its just a 'get you home' tyre....

J

Link Removed

John, just saw this an 'thought of you':thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back