Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Hi all, once again I am after some advice :RollEyes:

At present my spare wheel is mounted on a hinge down frame, (purpose built from the USA), which is secured to the four inch box section/rear bumper. However I am thinking of fitting it to the rear wall with a locally manufactured bracket and a large support plate on the inside wall ( will not be seen as it is under the bed) as I would like to fit a motorcycle rack.

However I have some concerns about the amount of weight the rear wall will be subjected to.

Any comments, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Thanks in advance

Geoff

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I wouldn't go there!

I've seen some done like this at manufacture and a few years down the line the distortion in the rear wall is scary.

Mounted from the bumper or chassis is really the only way to go, my opinion.

What about underneath, any space, or combine the bike rack and tyre carrier, obviously watching wieght?

OP
OP
GEOFFs125

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Many thanks for the comment.

The spare wheel wasmounted onder the rear between the chassis members, but was removed in order to fit the LPG tanks.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Had the same problem with ours. We ended up putting it on the roof (bloody heavy to get it up there mind you!!!) in the end, fortunatly it never moved in the 4 years we had the RV but at least you could chuck it down from the roof if needed :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back