Spare wheel and lock windows (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
Morning , I’m due to take delivery of the WildaX constellation 3XL. I believe it has an under slung spare wheel and would like to put a wheel lock on like I used to have on my Citroen Picasso. Looking at Protect a Van I see they sell locks but concerned if they need drilling into the floor . In the past I have used locks ? for underslung wheels .any advice would be welcome. Dealers say that internal Heos locks can’t be fitted due to cab blinds . Van is on a Citroen’s chassis any, thoughts welcome .

Robmac

Free Member
Jun 13, 2012
Wyboston, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Master self build
Exp
On second van now since 2012
A friend of mine a few years back fabricated a metal sheet and sprayed it bright yellow and put some diagonal black stripes across it. In the middle he stuck a printed sticker which read something like "Tungsten wheelguard fitted". This was clamped to the spare with a bracket.

His point being that if somebody looks under your van and see's a guard fitted, if they are serious they will still get it. If they are just an opportunist they will just move on to the next easier target.

Sorry, that's not really a lot of help, but food for thought!

Have you tried talking to these people;

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stumpie
May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for your response I did speak to them but it involves drilling through the floor to fit it.not something I wish to do with a new van and not knowing anything about it

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If it's Remis cab blinds that you have fitted and going by their website images they are then they are talking out of their arse about fitting Heos door locks with Remis cab blinds as I and many other have done so and here's a link to the instructions on the Heos website that you may like to pass onto WildaX https://www.heosolution.de/index.php?tip=heosafe&subc=0&prod=687

OP
OP
Stumpie
May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
I don’t think they want to do it it’s on a citron relay and for some reason they’ve said no they don’t think it can be done

OP
OP
Stumpie
May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
What an amazing thread thank you. I shall show it to my husband. I think he’s a little afraid of drilling into the van himself but we know it is possible.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I don’t think they want to do it it’s on a citron relay and for some reason they’ve said no they don’t think it can be done

Citroen, Ducato and Peugeot Boxer are all the same door and blinds.

The locks are a doddle to fit as are the door blinds to remove and refit, one screw under the Remis badge at the top blind and then they un-clip by easing them away.

Modding the blinds to accommodate the Heos locks only requires care and patience with basic tools

OP
OP
Stumpie
May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
Have any of you fitted locks to your underslung wheels? My previous vans I have used padlocks .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back