Spare Wheel and Jack for Tag Axle Ducato (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
3 Dumb questions of the day - possibly a new record?

I want to order a spare wheel and tyre - is there any reason apart from cosmetic to order an alloy to match the existing as steels are considerably cheaper. It would only be used in an emergency and for the duration that it would take to make a repair to the original.

I was also looking for a decent jack, max loaded weight of vehicle could be up to 5400kg but as the jack would only be lifting a 'corner' what weight rating is required?

I saw 12v powered jacks on line rated up to 11,000lbs (5T) for £110 - any thoughts or user feedback on these as they are very compact compared to a trolley type jack (and require no physical effort)

Amazon product ASIN B07CJ25Z5F
Other versions also have a torque wrench for wheel nut removal which may be a further benefit.
Amazon product ASIN B0784S5D1C

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
no problem using a steel spare wheel, so long as you fit it with a shorter set of bolts. with some alloy wheels they need a different taper on the head of the bolt, but not as far as i am aware with the ducato. it's just different length bolts

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We just make sure we have good breakdown cover and let the professionals do it....just carry a spare tyre (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
our 2009 x250 tag uses the same wheel bolts for steel and alloy
My depend on which alloys you have our bolts are 64mm long

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I carry a bog standard 2 ton small trolley jack and long wheel breaker bar the important thing is to make sure your jack will still go under lifting point when tyre is flat
Benefit of tag axle is you can, if it's a rear is flat use good tyre to drive or reverse up leveling ramp to lift the flat wheel off the ground
Best advice practice with your kit before you need it and YES let a tyre down to do it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back