spare tire (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Where do Autotrail Cheyenne drivers keep their spare tyre?
Or do most motorhomers not bother carrying relying on the Fix and Go standard kit or recovery services?
Thinking that at the very least to save weight I should carry one spare tyre rather than the complete tyre and rim, I guess that the biggest risk and fear I have is getting a flat abroad and waiting days to get the right tire.

Any advice gratefully received

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Our spare was underneath on our LMC liberty-at the age of 72 I feel disinclined to lay under M/H to remove spare and replace the punctured tyre in the cradle-also I don't fancy the idea of changing a wheel on a vehicle that size by the roadside.So,I am removing the spare wheel to make room for an LPG tank. This will also free up the gas locker for storage as well as removing the need to carry a jack and wheel brace-we will rely on our recovery people.
As a precaution I have had my tyres treated with Sure Seal-cheaper than Run Flat tyres ::bigsmile:
This is just what I am doing and I take no responsibility if you do it and it goes belly up :ROFLMAO:

Good luck,

Mike.

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Spare tyre

Hi I'm fortunate to have the fixed bed at the rear with plenty of storage and that is where i keep the spare other advantage is you are not messing around under the van The van came with the press and no go contraption would not trust it

Bill:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back