LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Reading the threads on the gear we need to carry abroad made we wonder how many full time spec wearers have a dedicated spare pair. I have a dark tinted pair as my bonus buy and now have a pair for pc work and reading as my varifocals don't always suit. Tried using a previous prescription occasionally and I suppose I'd get used to them if I had to but I wonder if these things are ever checked when abroad?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
My sunglasses are same scrip ,and I also take previous pair with me-never been checked,doubt if you ever would be unless you had an accident .Mike

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Same as Mike... never been checked by police but have always had spare pairs... without my specs I would be really stuck...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
never been checked but always take a spare pair with me - I am still legal to drive without specs - just - but it is so much easier on the eyes wearing them. As said doubt whether anyone would worry unless you had an accident or committed a moving traffic offence where they stopped you and started to go through the all the things you should have like triangle- first aid kit - fire extinguisher - hi vis vest etc

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm lucky in that I still only need glasses for reading and close work so (with the approval of my optician) can get away with buying off the shelf specs. I have them all over the place - jacket pocket, 3 pairs in the house, garage, car, van cab and hab areas plus a couple of spare pairs just in case :Smile:

Jill uses prescription specs but has spares in car and van as well as the ones she uses normally.

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
i use my prescription safety specs supplied by my previous employer as my spare pair.:Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thought this might be of interest. You need a valid prescription which your optician is legally obliged to give you when you have an eye test. I tend to get carried away at Specsavers so instead of looking at their glasses and then being tempted to get another pair 'free' :ROFLMAO:
I got a pair that was two prescriptions old re-glazed. Not at Specsavers though, I used this company http://www.ciliaryblue.com/
As they already had lenses in they used those for measuring the Pupil Distance and I am very pleased. The whole process took 6 days, filled in the online form Monday, got the box sent to me by Tuesday but because I was out, I lost a day and I sent them off Wednesday. Saturday I had them back all re-glazed and with new nose pads.

This whole process cost me £15 (including postage) and the lenses are thinner than the ones that were in there (which is good as the prescription means they could have been thicker) OK they are just for Short sight (so I can see distances with them) but that is still a very good price. They do all types and they do added extras, obviously all that increases the price but I can recommend the service. ::bigsmile:
Jane :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have got spares everywhere. I have my posh pair in work, a set in the van, 2 sets at home and a pair in the wife's handbag..:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have got spares everywhere. I have my posh pair in work, a set in the van, 2 sets at home and a pair in the wife's handbag..:thumb:

To date all Ive needed is a pair of reading glasses for close up.
So I buy the 1.5 or 2 level of cheap readers sold everywhere.

But they keep vanishing. !
Last time I was in Lidl and they had some simple black ones so I bought 8 pairs.......that was about a month ago.........I come across a pair now and again...but never when I want them !!!!!

Must be a reading glass fairy around !

barry

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
To date all Ive needed is a pair of reading glasses for close up.
So I buy the 1.5 or 2 level of cheap readers sold everywhere.

But they keep vanishing. !
Last time I was in Lidl and they had some simple black ones so I bought 8 pairs.......that was about a month ago.........I come across a pair now and again...but never when I want them !!!!!

Must be a reading glass fairy around !

barry

Barry have you looked on top of ya head?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back