LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
However, let's put it in perspective. I've read horror stories of people being charged £400 to replace the fuel filter, I got mine for £80 off ebay. When you've broken down in foreign climbs with a language barrier you are at the mercy of the bastards! Admittedly my fuel filter housing is currently sitting on the passenger seat, rather than the more traditional location, but that will all change on Sunday :D

Water pump is internal and I fitted it myself price was just cost .hard getting things of eBay when touring
Joe

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Personally I prefer Bombay Sapphire, I will have to put some photos up of my somewhat unnecessary load of tools that I carry in the van :D I believe I could replace every part on the van given time. It does include a vice and a torque wrench! :D

The garage owner where I get my van serviced took loads of tools with him when touring France but had a problem that need the engine out, cost 5000 to get it back home

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Water pump is internal and I fitted it myself price was just cost .hard getting things of eBay when touring
Joe
Ah! We are blessed, the water pump is under one of the dinette seat and totally accessible, two (or maybe 4) bolts and it is free.
Well I say totally accessible, I'd have to move all of the essential crap from on top of it first, but after that, totally accessible LOL

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
the best way to avoid a component breaking down is to carry a spare one

Exactly - and if/when summat does pop it's clogs - it will always be the VERY thing you haven't got. Doesn't matter where you are or what vehicle you are in or your nationality etc. It's one of the oldest, universal laws of vehicle ownership!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Vehicle bulbs, windscreen wipers, engine oil, windscreen washer fluid, assorted nuts, bolts, screws, electrical connectors, voltmeter, torque wrench, bottle jack, axle stands, jump leads, tape, silicone spray, WD40, tools and socket set, spare batteries for alarms, torches etc, Cable ties, electric cable, fuel filter, gas regulator, mains and vehicle fuses, assorted water tap connectors! I can remember when you could hire a spares kit from the AA for your car.

I ought to get a water pump and a toilet seal and an engine management diagnostics plugin gizmo!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I take quite a selection of tools plus cable ties gaffer tape and the usual kit. I also take a spare set of wipers a Code reader and a voltage meter.

Some may say I take to much but I may just be on the pitch next to you......

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Ah! We are blessed, the water pump is under one of the dinette seat and totally accessible, two (or maybe 4) bolts and it is free.
Well I say totally accessible, I'd have to move all of the essential crap from on top of it first, but after that, totally accessible LOL

Mines under the dinette seat but behind the batteries and held in with torq screws ok if your double jointed and 18 inches high. There's about 6 inches from front to back between pieces of wood , if it was moved 2 ft to the right it would take 10 min

joe

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Spares....What spares..? You need this....(y)

image.jpeg

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Mines under the dinette seat but behind the batteries and held in with torq screws ok if your double jointed and 18 inches high. There's about 6 inches from front to back between pieces of wood , if it was moved 2 ft to the right it would take 10 min

joe
Prepare yourself for tool envy :D

I have one of these:
<Broken link removed>

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have one of these:
<Broken link removed>

Ooooooo......I want one!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Engine ancillary drive belt.
If a belt snaps you possibly have at least one other problem.... no alternator, air con, water pump or brake vacuum.
You may not be able to fit it but the breakdown mechanic can.

No true in the 'pair of ladies tights' myth.

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Engine ancillary drive belt.
If a belt snaps you possibly have at least one other problem.... no alternator, air con, water pump or brake vacuum.
You may not be able to fit it but the breakdown mechanic can.

No true in the 'pair of ladies tights' myth.
Added to the list :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back