Spanish toll rd's - Cheaper and some free at times :) (1 Viewer)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Yes but what constituets " overnight", midnight till 6 am? No actual times look to be stated.
Jim

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thats a bugger they will start to fill up now!!!

We often spend the summer at our place in Benidorm. The N332 road down there is horrendous.
A local ex-pat once told me that a lot of the Spanish wont pay the tolls and so will sit in the congestion on the main roads. Also the Toll companies actually put the fee's UP at the busiest times, trying to recoup more cash i guess. :doh:

The coaches from Alicante Airport all use the main road, that cant be good for fuel consumption. Maybe once the Toll's are cheaper or free the coaches will use the motorway, use less fuel and keep the main roads a bit clearer (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
that a lot of the Spanish wont pay the tolls
The spanish won't pay 1€ to park all day preferring to drive around & around & around until they find a space or some waste tip. So unless the company is paying they won't pay for a toll road.

Also the Toll companies actually put the fee's UP at the busiest times,

No when asked that specific question the French reply is " No ,we reduce them in the winter":)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
About time, I can never understand why 'toll' motorways exist anyway, surely apart from being able to get from A to B quicker, the idea is to get the traffic OFF the main roads etc to prevent them getting clogged up and also remove the pollution, but they actually exacerbate it as people avoid the toll road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
When we left Palencia a couple of weeks ago, I took the AP1 to the French border.
The toll booths were still there, but closed, with signs saying ‘Gratis’.
The only bit we paid on was the last run up to Irun which was only a couple of €, but the bulk of it is now free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back