LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am changing the way I am using an external Spanish bottle for our long stay on site this winter
Up until now I have used a pigtail as usual, to a Spanish bottle..
But that goes in to the van via the normal bulkhead reulator

This year I will be using a pipe in to the normal filling point with the aid of the hose bought from GasLow at a show to do the job.
BUT !

I have two different bottle adapters and am unsure if both of them are regulators or only one, and the other ( the one I have always used ) is merely a connector ( which I suspect is the case )..

I have this one ( the one I have always used and believe to be just a connector)

134339_lge.jpg

And this one which I believe is a regulator. ( welll.. different colour but same shape )

lpg_reg2-250x250.jpg

I have a sneaky feeling the first one is just a connector

It matters not really as I am connecting to the bottle feed any way.. Just wondered really

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
The blue one is definitely a regulator. I have never seen the other one before.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think you are correct. Are you planning to connect a regulated pipe to your bulkhead regulator? I think it would work...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I have the top one, straight through with no regulation. May have one way valve so any gas in van is not lost when you remove it from cylinder.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think you are correct. Are you planning to connect a regulated pipe to your bulkhead regulator? I think it would work...

No... That is how I used to do it, but with the new pipe I will be connecting to the filler point

I have an adapter ( supplied by Alugas ) that allows me to remove the line from the Alugas bottle and attach the spanish connector.. But it is a pain as the bottle has to sit outside the gas locker because otherwise every time I want to change a bottle I have to take half the ruddy awning down !
Using the new pipe from the Spanish bottle to the fill point will mean an end to all the issues

I have the top one, straight through with no regulation. May have one way valve so any gas in van is not lost when you remove it from cylinder.
Excellent.. That is precisely the confirmed info I was looking for ..

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Yes, direct through the filler point will work. Also has the advantage of being able to use any sized bottle.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
The first one looks like this which is an adaptor.
Broken Link Removed
Presumably the hose you bought at the show is thia one.
Link Removed
The two are made to work together.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The first one looks like this which is an adaptor.
Link Removed
Presumably the hose you bought at the show is thia one.
Link Removed
The two are made to work together.

Yessss... but not at the downright outrageous prices Gaslow charge !
The bottle adapter was £5.80 ( Gaslow £15 ! ) and the pipe was £11.00 ( gaslow £16 )..
And Gaslow charges £7.50 postage on bits... Wish I owned the company.. :) LOL !!!

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The blue one is a regulator, you can tell by the low pressure connection, push pipe on, jubilee clip.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The blue one is a regulator, you can tell by the low pressure connection, push pipe on, jubilee clip.
Yup.. Know that but wanted to know if the Jumbo connector had a regulator of some sort too :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yup.. Know that but wanted to know if the Jumbo connector had a regulator of some sort too :)
No , just lets out full pressure. That type you showed is a straight on/off, It replaced( in their shop ) the older type with red screw knob on the top. This one;

Link Removed ( Click on middle picture )
This is still available here . We use this type when using Oxy/propane or butane, for cutting or welding. It has a slight benefit in that you can actually adjust the pressure by not opening valve fully.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No , just lets out full pressure. That type you showed is a straight on/off, It replaced( in their shop ) the older type with red screw knob on the top. This one;

Link Removed ( Click on middle picture )
This is still available here . We use this type when using Oxy/propane or butane, for cutting or welding. It has a slight benefit in that you can actually adjust the pressure by not opening valve fully.

I had one of those ! Picked it up at a boot sale in Benidorm last year.. Sold it at a bring and buy Fun meet about 2 months later :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back