LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They are well equipped with hills, you should see The Picos too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
The road from St John Pied de Porte over the Pyrenees into Spain, is one of the most attractive in the Autumn when the trees are in full colour on the Spanish side.
Almost any route in this part of the mountains is glorious.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I love the Pyrenees but we've had some bad weather on a few occasions. The Spanish side is usually drier than the French side.

The Ordessa national park is stunning and shouldn't be too busy now. If the forecast remains good it would be worth visiting.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I've recommended these places a few times on here but you're the first I know to have visited them both.

There are many nice places in between as well.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I've recommended these places a few times on here but you're the first I know to have visited them both.

There are many nice places in between as well.
Well actually I should thank you because I did a little research about them and your previous suggestions popped up and helped us decide to go! They are quite delightful and I would say two of the best parts of the Pyrenees we have visited (including the French side)

(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Making a run for it today with the public holiday place is rammed full at 10 pm last night and vans still driving in at 2am trying to find a space.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Forgot to add all these places you've been to in the Spanish Pyrenees are Bearded Vulture hotspots. If you see a vulture with a long tail then it probably is one but you'll only see one or two at a time. This website suggests there are only 100 breeding pairs in the whole of the Pyrenees. I've only seen them twice, once in Ordessa. The most likely place to see one is on a poster as it is the iconic bird of the region. :)

https://www.4vultures.org/vultures/bearded-vulture/

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Forgot to add all these places you've been to in the Spanish Pyrenees are Bearded Vulture hotspots. If you see a vulture with a long tail then it probably is one but you'll only see one or two at a time. This website suggests there are only 100 breeding pairs in the whole of the Pyrenees. I've only seen them twice, once in Ordessa. The most likely place to see one is on a poster as it is the iconic bird of the region. :)

https://www.4vultures.org/vultures/bearded-vulture/

We were talking about you yesterday as we were watching a dozen or so Egyptian Vultures. When we were Around the Tena valley and Aínsa we think we saw a couple of Bearded vultures too! This caused great excitement in the Chockswahay household!

(y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Making a run for it today with the public holiday place is rammed full at 10 pm last night and vans still driving in at 2am trying to find a space.
Oh crumbs! I didn’t know it was a bank holiday, that might account for the fact that the site were on now (just before Andorra) is packed!

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ere @Lenny HB we just drove 1 mile up the road and turned back! The worst traffic que I have seen for years! I assume all the Spaniards are off to Andorra for some cheap booze n fags:eek:

So we're back at la Seu d'Urgell reviewing our options. May just sit it out for a few hours or whiz into the park that @DBK mentioned.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Surprising how the Spaniards flock to Andorra when booze is so cheap in Spain.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We were talking about you yesterday as we were watching a dozen or so Egyptian Vultures. When we were Around the Tena valley and Aínsa we think we saw a couple of Bearded vultures too! This caused great excitement in the Chockswahay household!

(y)

We saw Bearded Vultures near Ainsa flying with some Griff's. A local pointed them out to us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back