• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Spanish propane bottle (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all, has anybody got a Spanish propane bottle that they no longer need? Looking here as it appears to be tricky in Spain as Spanish address is required.
Many thanks, Mike

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi We bought one from a fellow motorhomer on Villasol in Benidorm for 12 euro it seems that every camping site has a seller of all things caravanning/motorhoming for a lot less than the shops,so if you are going near one pop in .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Best sources...
Campsite notice boards
Car boot sales (Rastro's)
Second hand shops also knows as Rastros
Facebook, often a local buy sell group if you do a search.

Not sure if you can get a Butane one and they will swop for propane.

€10 ish about average..

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi propane bottles are more difficult to get hold of, butane you can get very easy as the Spanish use them in the home, you often see them at rastros ( car boot type markets ) or charity shops and as mentioned someone on the campsite, ;) that was me when we long stayed in Javea :LOL:, but now we live here we don't have gas all electric. :ROFLMAO:

The only time I managed to swap butane for propane was at the depot, and I said the garage exchanged my propane but never had one, so gave me butane, and that was Repsol, or the other option if your not stopping on the same site is refillable bottles they have lots of garages selling lpg now. (y) Bob.

Last edited:

Deleted User
I've swapped a Repsol propane for butane and vice verca, 5'er didn't like the butane for some reason, hob burnt with yellowy flame.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I've swapped a Repsol propane for butane and vice verca, 5'er didn't like the butane for some reason, hob burnt with yellowy flame.

Don't they normally use different jets?

p.s. hoping to see you sometime in Feb for a few weeks

p.p.s. is your nom de guerre a literal translation into Spanish or the Mexican city?

Deleted User
Don't they normally use different jets?

p.s. hoping to see you sometime in Feb for a few weeks

p.p.s. is your nom de guerre a literal translation into Spanish or the Mexican city?

I think that the different jets was probably the cause, I used the bottle up on a stand alone gas hob/grill in a well ventilated space but I only buy propane for use in either of our vans now.

Matamoros, mmmmmm, well i have no connections to Mexico............but definitely not to be taken literally:)

I did know the meaning when I chose it though, sort of a joke!

Hope to see you in Feb., possibly back in the UK having a hip replacement but nothing definite yet.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all, has anybody got a Spanish propane bottle that they no longer need? Looking here as it appears to be tricky in Spain as Spanish address is required.
Many thanks, Mike
Got a Cepsa bottle for sale on here but depends where you are. :rolleyes:
Currently in Spain travelling across to Villaricos.

OP
OP
HobbyHarvey
Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks @bigtree , currently still in UK, travelling to Santander on 19th November. Will probably look out for one once on Spain at car boot or something similar.

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Hi we in portugal at the moment drove down through Spain picked uo a bottle at resol garage on motorway 28 euros full no name or adress asked for

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
I think that the different jets was probably the cause, I used the bottle up on a stand alone gas hob/grill in a well ventilated space but I only buy propane for use in either of our vans now.

Matamoros, mmmmmm, well i have no connections to Mexico............but definitely not to be taken literally:)

I did know the meaning when I chose it though, sort of a joke!

Hope to see you in Feb., possibly back in the UK having a hip replacement but nothing definite yet.

bloody hip replacement- you will do anything to avoid buying beer!!

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you're in the UK, there's one sitting in a garage in Liskeard that you are welcome to have. You just need to collect it. :)

PM me if this of interest to you.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Many thanks, Mike
Readily available in Spain with campsite address. Bought two last February from Cepsa garage. €15 full.

OP
OP
HobbyHarvey
Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the update @bigtree, I decided that I was fed up with humping heavy gas bottles around, so bit the bullet and purchased two Alugas refillable bottles, so hopefully these will keep us going.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back