Spanish LPG adaptor (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have just fitted a 11 kg Gaslow cylinder and as yet do not have an adaptor for use when filling in Spain.

Trawling for one of these I seem to have run into a dilemma as Gasit are advocating a "new" adaptor to fit a new style of gas gun being rolled out in Spain.

http://www.gasit.co.uk/leisure-gas-...ystems/new-europa-fill-adaptor-for-spain.html

Spanish_Europa_Fill_adaptor_1.500.PNG

Broken Link Removed

Spain_euro_fill_adaptorY_m.jpg

Am I reading this wrong?? Anyone any practical experience of this "change" in Spain?

They look almost identical with the exception of the larger threaded section with machined flats on being replaced with a knurled section.

Anyone out there that can advise which to buy??

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
From memory, when we were in Spain/Portugal last winter, we used the above adaptor once and on the other occasions we used the big dish adaptor.

Before we set off we bought the 'Full Set' of adaptors to cover all the bases.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think both will work as the bit the gun fits to is identical as far as I can see. The top one looks like the one I have, the bottom one has an extra, larger thread where the other has a knurled bit. I am not sure what sort of vehicle fitting that is for but the UK connection point needs the smaller thread.
I would buy one of the top ones, it's cheaper! Unless you need the bottom one of course. :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We had the one supplied from gaslow, it's a few years old so would think it's an older one. Didn't have any issues filling in Spain over the past winter....

However... I posted elsewhere that the adapter with the valve in them had a void between the two valves.. i.e. The input valve on your motorhome and the valve in the adapter, so after you've filled when you unscrew the adapter lpg will and does escape..! So please make sure you wear gloves and unscrew it very slowly and carefully.....

I wear rubber gloves and loosened it untill gas came out and left it for a few seconds until it the lpg dripped out...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for your quick replies. My dilemma was based on this quote from Gasit site (first link above)....

This is the new ' Spanish ' Europa fill point adaptor as adopted by Spain and Portugal, so if you need to fill your car or Motor home gas tank in Spain or Portugal, the chances are this is what you will need..

Please note that whilst this is the new fill adaptor, you still might need to have the other European adaptors to fill up on the way into Spain and Portugal whilst the countries updates all their Autogas fill guns to the new type.

Fitment is easy and requires no tools, they are simply screwed into the 21.8mm Right hand thread in the end of your vehicles fill point. Always check before ordering that your fill point on the vehicle has an internal thread in the end.

As well as other applications, this adapter will work with the fill points of the following motorhome manufactures who fit Refillable gas systems at their factories - Auto-Sleepers, Marquis, Auto-trail, Murvi, IH Motorhome, Wildax, Vantage Motorhomes & many more

These will not work with Safefill bottles as they use a left head thread which is unique to them.

We sell this item in a unique 3 part GAS IT adaptor kit.

Equivalent to Gaslow 01-4305

Having read it again it seems to indicate (2nd paragraph) that perhaps countries other than Spain & Portugal are going to adapt their fill guns?

Having read it again it may mean that countries other than spain may be adapting their fill guns

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Every Spanish garage I've filled up at have their own adaptors, never used mine yet. ;)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I think by 'new' they mean that the Euroconnector has been rolled out in Spain for a number of years now to replace the 'dish' connector used in most of the rest of mainland Europe. So, as above posts have said, either of the two you have shown will do (where the dish adapter is not still in use).

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Having read it again it seems to indicate (2nd paragraph) that perhaps countries other than Spain & Portugal are going to adapt their fill guns. s
I wouldn't hold your breath, or even your gas. :)
As suggested somewhere above I would get one of the sets which includes the dish type you need in some countries.
If all else fails you will often find the garage has adaptors you can borrow.
The only advice I can offer is after screwing in your (or borrowed) adaptor attach the gun so the handle is at the four o'clock position. Gravity will keep the adaptor screwed in tight. If you attach it in say the eight o'clock position it tends to unscrew the adapter. :)

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Thanks all. I have just ordered one of the "new" Gasit ones and I already have two of the French "dish " types so that should do us.
Thanks again

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I used to have a full set of "ACME" adaptors (used on American R-V`s). Including the one to a Bayonet fitting, which we used all over Europe in the past. Not much of an issue now as I use Calor on the Eurobox. Did some "Sums" and on my consumption, it would take 5+years to get the cost of a Refillable system back?.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We had the one supplied from gaslow, it's a few years old so would think it's an older one. Didn't have any issues filling in Spain over the past winter....

However... I posted elsewhere that the adapter with the valve in them had a void between the two valves.. i.e. The input valve on your motorhome and the valve in the adapter, so after you've filled when you unscrew the adapter lpg will and does escape..! So please make sure you wear gloves and unscrew it very slowly and carefully.....

I wear rubber gloves and loosened it untill gas came out and left it for a few seconds until it the lpg dripped out...
Yes that is why it is best to use the one without the non-return valve, if you have the one with the valve remove the valve by knocking it out.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have one of all the options.. Its only 4 so.... But yes, every place we filled up at in Spain used the type you picture

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have never filled up with LPG in Spain , so-far.

But we do have all the adapters.

We are driving our dual fuel Petrol/LPG car down to Spain soon.

Only have one set here in the UK.

If I Take that set, that we use in the MoHo, then I won’t be able to bring them back as we are flying.

?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have never filled up with LPG in Spain , so-far.

But we do have all the adapters.

We are driving our dual fuel Petrol/LPG car down to Spain soon.

Only have one set here in the UK.

If I Take that set, that we use in the MoHo, then I won’t be able to bring them back as we are flying.

?

??. Have the rules changed then. Circa 2003, I brought a set of Boule, back as Hold luggage?. they where both steel and heavy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back