Spanish gas bottles into RV (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I have an extend-a-stay on my RV and I want to use a Spanish gas bottle on it.

Anyone know what the best way to do this is?

My extend-a-stay has a pigtail that ends in the connector in the attached picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• conn.JPG
    conn.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 12

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not sure of spanish thread sizes but you may have to get a hose made up with yank on one end and spanish bottle thread on the other.

obviously spanish regulator not needed, so whatever size thread is on the bottle top is the size you need.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Bryan

you can buy a bottle clip on valve that IS NOT a regulator.. this gives you bottle pressure.. try a hard ware store.. now you need an adapter from Gaslow or a Spanish supplier from butane to propane .. male/female thread.

or.. use your BBQ point with the standard clip on regulator, that was my solution.

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Look on RVOC for definite answer

Loddy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hello Brian, Go into a hardware shop or one of the big DIY shops and get what looks like the Spanish regulator but has a big red knob on the top.Its not a regulator as such,its just a controllable valve.You will then have to take it to a plumbers merchant or gas shop and have the end of your extendastay cut off and the thing with the red knob properly fitted on.
The alternative has been stated above and thats feed the gas in via a BBQ tap if you have one.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Hello Brian, Go into a hardware shop or one of the big DIY shops and get what looks like the Spanish regulator but has a big red knob on the top.Its not a regulator as such,its just a controllable valve.You will then have to take it to a plumbers merchant or gas shop and have the end of your extendastay cut off and the thing with the red knob properly fitted on.
The alternative has been stated above and thats feed the gas in via a BBQ tap if you have one.

I received this from Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner the importers of Extend-A-Stay.

These kits are designed for propane only, the fitting on the end of the pipe is a male propane fitting and is mechanically crimped on to the pipe, you must not cut it off to fit a butane fitting. I don't think it will work unless you can find a way of adapting the pipe work.

The US propane fitting is not the same as the UK one. It is slightly smaller so will fit a UK bottle but a UK fitting will not fit a US bottle.

If you have a barbeque point (not the high presure Extend-A-Stay one) you can buy a spanish regulator and feed the gas in that way. I have been feeding my Hymer this way since the turn of the year.

John

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I received this from Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner the importers of Extend-A-Stay.

These kits are designed for propane only, the fitting on the end of the pipe is a male propane fitting and is mechanically crimped on to the pipe, you must not cut it off to fit a butane fitting. I don't think it will work unless you can find a way of adapting the pipe work.

The US propane fitting is not the same as the UK one. It is slightly smaller so will fit a UK bottle but a UK fitting will not fit a US bottle.

If you have a barbeque point (not the high presure Extend-A-Stay one) you can buy a spanish regulator and feed the gas in that way. I have been feeding my Hymer this way since the turn of the year.

John
Thats why I said take it to a plumbers and get it cut off properly and the regulater fitted.What I meant to say was crimped but was having a senior moment at the time and couldnt think of the word,but am sure Bryan knew what I meant.Had mine done this way 11 years ago and have had no problems since.American fridges dont run off 12 volt and rely on gas when on the road so I had my extendastay routed to a locker so I can use the Spanish bottle on the road,its the best option as its not unknown for gas bottles left outside overnight to go missing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back