BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
hi dose any one know where I can get a fitting to fit a pipe on my Spanish adapter so I can connect to my van . Or has anyone got one they are selling.
3F25C6D9-1363-4400-B482-5596BC0C2C57.jpeg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's a standard butane pigtail. Any camping shop or eBay...
I just unscrew my UK clip on adaptor and screw on the one like yours. Clip to bottle and feed in through the built in regulator.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Tryed them the threads are the wrong way left hand thread .

Don't know what to say. Mine is exact same adaptor and fits fine. Maybe visit a camp accessory shop with the adaptor.

Deleted User
Left hand thread on the adaptor, left hand thread on the calor butane pigtail, you sure you are trying to connect the right end of the pigtail?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
hi dose any one know where I can get a fitting to fit a pipe on my Spanish adapter so I can connect to my van . Or has anyone got one they are selling. View attachment 319150
Gasit and Baslow do an adaptor hose that connects to the Spanish regulator and to the lpg filler inlet for around £15.
Available at most shows or online

Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Semi-newbie to motorhomes
In everyones experience are these adapters really necessary when travelling on the continent or do most garages, camping stores etc than fill gas tanks have a set of adapters that they use for whoever brings a MH their way?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Spanish adaptors are really only useable in Spain, on Spanish bottles :)

Deleted User
In everyones experience are these adapters really necessary when travelling on the continent or do most garages, camping stores etc than fill gas tanks have a set of adapters that they use for whoever brings a MH their way?

The adaptor shown is for connecting a Spanish gas bottle to a fixed bulkhead regulator, nothing to do with adaptors for filling tanks or bottles.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"Somewhere" in the depth of my garage, I have just about every Gas connector, filling and outlets, known to man!. From when we did "foreign" on a regular basis. I think the (Spanish Repsol) adapter I had back then had a standard PCL outlet?. It was connected to the "Extendastay" for the R-V.

Deleted User
"Somewhere" in the depth of my garage, I have just about every Gas connector, filling and outlets, known to man!. From when we did "foreign" on a regular basis. I think the (Spanish Repsol) adapter I had back then had a standard PCL outlet?. It was connected to the "Extendastay" for the R-V.

Don't know what a standard PCL outlet is but if it is the same as a calor butane 4.5 k bottle with a left hand thread (21.8 mm apparently) then that is the one, also fits French bottles.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong

Some of the bigger garages may have a set of adapters but its only about £30 or so for a set of adapters so easier to have them with you. Nothing worse than getting to a garage and can't fill up, been there done that lol....

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Don't know what a standard PCL outlet is but if it is the same as a calor butane 4.5 k bottle with a left hand thread (21.8 mm apparently) then that is the one, also fits French bottles.

Mine was for Propane. The Butane one`s are different. Which is what I Think is the one the O-P has?.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The adaptors and regulators for Spanish gas bottles are the same for Propane and Butane.

Could it be that Spanish Propane is actually a Mixed gas?. Which would allow some lea-way?. Propane (pure) has different properties to Butane (pure), and normally require different regulators, which is also why the like of Calor use different fittings.

I notice that the device shown by the O-P is not actually a regulator, but more a high pressure supply valve, the regulator is therefore on the appliance (or `van), and would have to be changed to cope with the differing gasses.

Deleted User
Could it be that Spanish Propane is actually a Mixed gas?. Which would allow some lea-way?. Propane (pure) has different properties to Butane (pure), and normally require different regulators, which is also why the like of Calor use different fittings.

I notice that the device shown by the O-P is not actually a regulator, but more a high pressure supply valve, the regulator is therefore on the appliance (or `van), and would have to be changed to cope with the differing gasses.

I would think that the Spanish bottles contain either Propane or Butane as in the UK, don't think that would make much difference anyway, all modern vans have bulkhead regulators which are set to 30 mbar which is a European standard for both.

It is still possible to get bottle top UK regulators set at 37 mbar for Propane, not sure about Butane at 28 mbar.

The OP showed a picture of an adaptor which in Spain have the rotating knob on the top and the threaded outlet.

The regulators, set at 30 mbar, have a flip switch on the top and the outlet is for a push fit and hose clip.

Both of these have the same awkward push down fitting onto the bottle for both Propane and Butane.

The only reason that I could think of for the OP's peoblem was that he was attempting to fit the wrong end of the pigtail to the adaptor but as the OP has not let us know the outcome we may never know.

Edit: The UK sourced adaptors seem to have a small rotating knob on the side.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back