Spanish Data SIMs (Again) (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Noted Tonka's comment re Spanish data SIMs in the Benecarlo thread. What are you using/going to use in Spain? I have totally given up on campsite Wi-Fi and found a Mi-Fi much better value and faster. Used "Hits" data SIM last winter, good coverage (Vodafone.es) but a little bit of a pain to use if you run out of data and cannot get back on line to top up.
Are there any other SIM deals out there worth considering or is "Hits" still the best deal?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Watching, I never bothered with a sim last year but know a few of you did start to use them.. I am over to Benidorm Mid November, will take my MIFI and look into sim's.. By then you guys may already have come up with some answers.. "Hit" seemed popular last year...

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Lycamobile do 2GB for 10 Euro, 30 days.They will even send a sim to your home address in GB.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Lycamobile do 2GB for 10 Euro, 30 days.They will even send a sim to your home address in GB.
I used digi sim last year, it supported tethering from my iphone and using in the mifi and Skype, but cost 10 euros for 1gb, it could be topped up online if you needed to use more in the month.
Do you know if Lycamobile supports tethering, mifi and Skype, if so it is an excellent deal. I use Lebara Spain for the unlocked phone, really cheap. Have bought a KnowHow data sim recently for Uk, which can be used in Spain also. Must admit to getting it on a ridiculously cheap offer.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are using a three unlocked mifi with a moviestar sim ...(think that is what it is called) €12 for 500mb initially then €5 for every 500mb which can be topped up either in their shop or tabacs etc (you choose the amount required in their shop at least )
We topped up with €20 second time and it lasted 14days used by 2persons ..we have good internet signal with it

Hope this helps ..

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Lots more info here:

It says that Lycamobile doesn't allow tethering, which is a bugger because that's exactly what I was planning.

KnowHow looks good but I'm not in the UK so can't buy one.

Movistar has the best network, apparently, but it ain't that cheap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
KnowHow looks good but I'm not in the UK so can't buy one.
KnowHow can be bought from Currys or PC World, the sim looks expensive, but when you load it up online it comes with double data for the 1st month. Could you not have someone buy it here then send it on to you if the shops do not deliver.

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
KnowHow can be bought from Currys or PC World, the sim looks expensive, but when you load it up online it comes with double data for the 1st month. Could you not have someone buy it here then send it on to you if the shops do not deliver.

I think it has to be activated on a UK network before you can use it abroad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back