Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Fellow funsters ,just be aware that it may be wise to carry a spare regulator when visiting Spain as I have fallen foul on my first bottle and my regulator is fubar it may be coincidence but I think not it was a brand new gas bottle from a Repsol garage ,My fridge was also faulty at the same time and sounded like an apollo mission on takeoff and left scorch marks and discolouring up the side of the van all is now well after new regulator and fridge service ,cost was about £120 all in but the inconvenience was a pain so forewarned is forearmed.:D

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mike, we had a problem with butane with our caravan, black smoke and blocked the outlet on the boiler, cleaned it out and changed to propane no more problems.
We had been using butane in spain in our euramobil mobil for 4 years never a problem. :xdoh: Bob.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Don't know what your problem was exactly - we use Spanish butane bottles in the motorhome and at home too (millions of people across Spain use them at home for cooking/hot water/heating), all with the standard Spanish bottle-top valve/regulator and we've never ever had a problem at all.
Do you maybe have a straight-through bottle top connection, and thus it was your UK wall-mounted regulator that was at fault?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Sounds like liquid lpg was getting to the burner. Brand new gas bottle could suggest an overfilled bottle allowing liquid rather than gas to go through the pipes. Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back