Jerseycol

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Jersey channel islands
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki Fairway
Exp
Hi does anyone know of any campsites near Barcelona, doing a road trip with my son in about 5 weeks time traveling from St Malo.
Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is one we like..
http://www.campingbonrepos.com/

On beach, train a 5 min walk away and you can go to Barcelona for about €8 return...
Remember it;s JULY busy time, the Spainish kids have broke up and sites are busy and you will be paying top whack prices !!!

There are many others along that coast... Dont leave it to late in case they are full...

WOW !!! I just looked at their price list,, Not far off €60 a night !!!!!!!!!

Here is another.. http://www.campinglamasia.com/uk/prices.html
Bit further out, thats €40 !!! Glad I dont go in summer...

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, stayed at this site, a bit dated but only 10 minutes walk to the train station.:Smile:

Here: Link Removed

We have stayed at this site a couple of times, nice site a bit shaded and a bus stop outside the gate. :Smile:

Here: .

Its in the ACSI book, but unfortunately your in the high season, so a more expensive time of the year to visit. :Doh:

ACSI :

:thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi does anyone know of any campsites near Barcelona

No shortage of campsites but the area does have a reputation as bandit country so take care on the road - the usual scams, fake police, diversion thefts.

Have another read of Jim's security guide.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
This is one we like..
http://www.campingbonrepos.com/

On beach, train a 5 min walk away and you can go to Barcelona for about €8 return...
Remember it;s JULY busy time, the Spainish kids have broke up and sites are busy and you will be paying top whack prices !!!

There are many others along that coast... Dont leave it to late in case they are full...

WOW !!! I just looked at their price list,, Not far off €60 a night !!!!!!!!!

Here is another.. http://www.campinglamasia.com/uk/prices.html
Bit further out, thats €40 !!! Glad I dont go in summer...

Hi we were at Bon Ropos in May and there have been a lot of changes, none of them good. They have sold part of the site for a new hotel so there is a lot of disruption and mess. As you say the prices have rocketed and if you want to go on the beach it is a third more!

The hotel next to the campsite has been refurbished and is now an adult only!?! hotel it is 'very interesting ' walking into town past the glass fronted sun terrace with kingsize beds and pillows.

This was our favourite campsite., but not any more I am afraid.

OP
OP
Jerseycol

Jerseycol

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Jersey channel islands
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki Fairway
Exp
No shortage of campsites but the area does have a reputation as bandit country so take care on the road - the usual scams, fake police, diversion thefts.

Have another read of Jim's security guide.
Thanks Brian.will do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We stopped at the El Garrofer campsite in Sitges and caught a bus each morning into central Barcelona from the campsite gate. About an hour's journey. That way we could see Barcelona but still have access to a good beach if we needed it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back