Gee Warner

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
bury st. edmunds
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galazy 780
Exp
Spain. Going down near Benindor in Jan and Feb, going Dover Calias not using tolls any ideas of time scale. I do the the south of France Sept regularly for month but not Spain yet.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Did it in 2 1/2 days last December with one overnight stop and one fourish hour sleep.;)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Nope, It was the first time I had ever been into Europe (mainland) in my life let alone driven....and a motorhome that I had just bought. Set the sat nav for Benidorm avoiding toll roads and just drove. Brilliant!!! I did however use the Spanish toll roads as they were cheap and really did make a difference to the traveling time.
Good luck(y) and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.:)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I suppose it takes as long or little as you want,we travel Down mid December and like to take our time using Aires for over nighters and usually take around a week as we treat it as part of our trip and have a look around on each stop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are going down to Benidorm end of Jan, but taking the ferry to Bilbao. Heading to El Raco for a few months.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Four days for me. Two days to clear France. (travel at weekend, no HGV's on road in France). (Overnight at Chateaudun (day 1) and Saint Geours De Maremne Day 2) Spain. Overnight at Marlofa Day 3).
Day 2 is a big drive, your getting down close to the bottom of France but you will see much better weather.

These will help with your route planning if you need more info just ask.
http://about-france.com/tourism/no-tolls-routes.htm
http://about-spain.net/travel/map.htm

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Four days for me. Two days to clear France. (travel at weekend, no HGV's on road in France). (Overnight at Chateaudun (day 1) and Saint Geours De Maremne Day 2) Spain. Overnight at Marlofa Day 3).
Day 2 is a big drive, your getting down close to the bottom of France but you will see much better weather.

These will help with your route planning if you need more info just ask.
http://about-france.com/tourism/no-tolls-routes.htm
http://about-spain.net/travel/map.htm

The weather in late December was quite bad and although we never intended to drive down to Spain so quickly........that's why we bought a Motorhome, freedom to do what you want. (y)

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 4
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Intend to find out what the drive is like soon, cos I don't fancy the Bay of Biscay in the winter!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Take it from an "old sea dog". the North Sea is worse than the Bay of Biscay. Something to do with it (north sea) being relatively shallow and you get a sort of Double Wave effect from the bottom. (or how it was explained to me). The bay has a more regular even Roll from the Atlantic. the North Sea is more of a "chop".

Calais to La Manga. was about 4 driving days at a nice even pace using non tolled roads. But we used to lay over, Parc Verger, Or St Jean du Luz. and Aranjuez. Once Near Burgos on the return.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back