Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Spain is to reduce speed limits to conserve fuel see Link Removed from O & A forum.

Don

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Spain is to reduce speed limits to conserve fuel see Link Removed from O & A forum.

Don
Thats a great idea and it will work and cost nothing.:whatthe:

I dont understand why they dont just Tax the fuel more and triple road fund licences
After all it works here dosent it!!!!!:thumb:
Geo

W

Wilbury

Deleted User

Don

Hi Don,
I have read the article and notice that the Spanish Govt. are to insist on 20% bio fuel use. Bio fuels are allready falling (have fallen ?)into disrepute due to them taking land away from food production in areas where this is desperately needed.
I am therefore surprised the Spanish Govt.(and any others) are now taking this line of action. This smacks of a knee jerk reaction by those who should know much better
Wilbury

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Thats a great idea and it will work and cost nothing.:whatthe:

I dont understand why they dont just Tax the fuel more and triple road fund licences
After all it works here dosent it!!!!!:thumb:
Geo

???:whatthe: I hadn't noticed! :Eeek: When did that happen?

::bigsmile::Sad::Angry:

John

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
[/color][/i][/size][/b]

???:whatthe: I hadn't noticed! :Eeek: When did that happen?

::bigsmile::Sad::Angry:

John
Your Doctor or Prison officer should have informed you before your release:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I am therefore surprised the Spanish Govt.(and any others) are now taking this line of action. This smacks of a knee jerk reaction by those who should know much better

:Eeek: Know better? Who says so. They DON'T get elected for their intelligence. :ROFLMAO:

W

Wilbury

Deleted User
:Eeek: Know better? Who says so. They DON'T get elected for their intelligence. :ROFLMAO:

Hi johnsandywhite,
I did say "should know better", not "did know better".
I do not think that anyone votes for Mp's based on intelligence.
Just what their vote is based on however escapes me. It certainly can not be that the election promises are actually believed, can it?
Wilbury

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi johnsandywhite,
I did say "should know better", not "did know better".
I do not think that anyone votes for Mp's based on intelligence.
Just what their vote is based on however escapes me. It certainly can not be that the election promises are actually believed, can it?
Wilbury

:Cool: I think they usually vote for personality. Which is why Brown was never voted into power. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
The idea is just one of 31 measures put forward by the Minister for Industry, Miguel Sebastián.

The Spanish Government has proposed a 20% reduction in speed limits on access roads to large cities across the country as a way of saving energy. The plan was announced yesterday by the Minister for Industry Miguel Sebastián. Such a measure was already approved by the regional Government in Barcelona last year.

The Minister also announced that public buildings would be kept at 26 degrees in the summer and 17 in the winter and that each home would be given two low-energy light bulbs as a gift.

In fact a total of 31 measures are proposed which will cost 245 million € between now and 2011. These include extending the hours of public transport and the metro, and changing air corridors to make routes more direct.

Sebastián also said that he wanted to see a million hybrid and electric cars in Spain by the year 2014, and that most of such vehicles be constructed here. He said the electric vehicle is the future and will be the motor of the industrial revolution.

However the Minister for the Interior, Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba has said lower speeds on the roads will only be introduced AFTER an ‘agreed study’.

The Interior Minister also said that driving at 90kms/ hour did save 30% fuel compared to travelling at 120kms/ hour but any lower speed limits could only be introduced after a study was carried out. Rubalcaba also noted that correct tyre pressures could save 4% on fuel bills and claimed that driving with the windows open was 10% more expensive.

Mmmmmm.....Lets hope the speed proposal may also have some effect on Spains awful traffic accident figures.......41 killed on the roads last weekend!

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
"Sounds a load of BULL ............."

What does? The attempt at energy conservation............or the 41 dead people!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
"Sounds a load of BULL ............."

What does? The attempt at energy conservation............or the 41 dead people!

No reducing speed limits to save energy.

Speed humps create more pollution.

Longer driving times cant help stop pollution or fuel can it?

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Mornin' RR......My resonse to your post looked "rude". It was after a late night in the town rather than now, in the light of yet another warm [very], bright and early Spanish morning............sorry!

Window closed save 10%............?
Aircon ON uses.....................what, about 11%?

I love Spain :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back