Spain sans 'van (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
For various reasons we've had to cut short a planned holiday at end june/beginning of July to just a week. Mrs E wanted guaranteed sun, which for us meant the Med. The idea of driving there and back in a week did not appeal, but a bit of browsing resulted in two return flights to Girona from our local airport for just £80 all-in. Plan is to stay in Girona the first and last nights, then train it to somewhere with a beach, not too like Blackpool, with an interesting city within public transport reach.

I've picked out Tarragona as a potentially interesting city, but would be interested if any Funsters have any views on local resorts, or indeed alternative destinations altogether!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Salou..
Lovely beach and prom area...
Are you flying into Reus ?? If so it's only just outside Salou and you can catch a cheap transfer bus into town....

From memory Tarragona is very industrial...

If you havent booked then Monarch have a £20 off deal, code "july20" I have just booked 10-18 July £60 return East mids to alicante...

Dont rule out places like Benidorm.. It's not all brash.. Lovely beeches and you can train up and down the coast. Alicante and Denia may be worth day visits. Travel republic for cheap transfers.. Use them all the time..

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Tarragona is industrial on the outskirts but beautiful in the Old Town. Lots of Roman Ruins. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why not hire a car from Girona?

We were near L'escala last month at this hotel Link Removed

As you can see nice views.

Not very expensive and very good food ( if you like Catalan food).

I think the L'escala area is about 30 minutes from the airport.

The locality of the hotel has a few bars and restaurants and a nice supermarket. Nearby (1 mile) is the resort of Reills and just past that is the old town of L'Escala which I really like. Just a little further is St. Marti which has some lovely restaurants in a courtyard arrangement.

Some of the beaches in that area are lovely.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back