Spain Returns UK Air Passengers (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It seems a bit harsh to send them back when they had an official document (I presume) informing them to go and pick their TIE card up or perhaps they would have been better waiting for it to be posted to them in the uk? Or they were chancers wanting some sun, who knows?
But I think Ryanair should be asked some questions too.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
them to go and pick their TIE card up or perhaps they would have been better waiting for it to be posted to them in the uk?
They have to be collected in person using a finger print from index finger on either hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
When I lived in Kuwait the term TCN was used to describe people from say Indonesia who had come there to work. TCN stands for Third Country National and as a class were far below those from Kuwait and even below us Brits.

As far as the EU goes we are TCNs and why shouldn't we be? The UK now treats someone entering from France or Spain the same as someone travelling from any other country in the World. The days of preferential treatment have gone. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
When I lived in Kuwait the term TCN was used to describe people from say Indonesia who had come there to work. TCN stands for Third Country National and as a class were far below those from Kuwait and even below us Brits.

As far as the EU goes we are TCNs and why shouldn't we be? The UK now treats someone entering from France or Spain the same as someone travelling from any other country in the World. The days of preferential treatment have gone. :)
To be fair, Spanish and other EU citizens can still come to the uk, subject to tests and quarantine. They can also stay for 6 months.

Reactions: DBK

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This was posted on Citizen advise Spain this morning. 🤔 Bob.
Screenshot_20210331-200910_Facebook.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
But do the Spanish rules change today ?
I don't think anything changed, as far as I know you needed to be residents or proof that you applied to be residents, there has been many posts and all sorts of excuses why people need to be in Spain, and turning up with a NIE or Padron is not enough, just like the many posts saying they can't get a flight to Scotland so they need to over stay the 90 day's it's just not happening. 🤔 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back