Spain, Portugal winter sun - where are you going? (2 Viewers)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi we are thinking of heading to spain and then to portugal from mid January to the first week in march. Heading to Beni and then moving around the coast - who else is heading that way? is there an planned rallies, meets like last year?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we ship out on the 28th dec for hopefully 2 months 1st stop will be el raco benidorm then who knows may move may stay but im seriously looking at the bilbao portsmouth route back instead of the shite at calais and its at a price which is also appealing

OP
OP
Daz n Tina
Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I agree Bill we usually go through the tunnel but when you add fuel costs and extra travelling time it don't make sense. I think we will go from Portsmouth to Santander. Not to worried about the grief in Calais as I think the immigrants have already toured spain

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Your Home page says.... CLOSE FROM THE END OF APRIL TO THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER

And ??????? :)

Closes for summer, a lot of these aires are quiet at that time.
The OP is not going till January, so will be ok...
A few of us stayed there just for a night stop on route back from the Bellavista meet...

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
I agree Bill we usually go through the tunnel but when you add fuel costs and extra travelling time it don't make sense. I think we will go from Portsmouth to Santander. Not to worried about the grief in Calais as I think the immigrants have already toured spain

my tunnel is already done for this year but the return will be bilbao or santander was gonna change try for refund from tunnel and get the ferry but going out on the 27th dec is near twice the price they want for the return end of feb start of march

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Camperstopsierraespuna is closed from end of April until 1st November, with a client base mainly made up of northern Europeans wintering in Spain it does not make sence to remain open during the summer months. Spanish motorhomers flock to the coast in search of sea breeze and shade. Opening times for the camperstop will be relaxed nearer the opening date, if we or our neighbours are at home then if you want to arrive, then please do so, you won't be turned away. The period of closure allows us to take our holidays without the need to have someone around for the odd €7 per night, and most of the summer weeks can go by without a single visitor. Wintertime is a totally different scene, we have many nationalities who have supported the camperstop and in return we have provided them with even more facilities, the new shower and washing machine has been a fantastic success, a WiFi power increase now avoids the blackspot we were experiencing. Hope to see you this wintertime.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
we leave this Friday Britany economy ferry Sat morning to Santander then Tapas and vino until April ,oh yes mainly at cabo De Gata

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Interesting thread for me I live in Alhama de Murcia ( 10 mins from Totana Camperstop) so keen to see were you all go for Winter?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Interesting thread for me I live in Alhama de Murcia ( 10 mins from Totana Camperstop) so keen to see were you all go for Winter?
Not far from you at La Manga, did the bike ride down your local mountain last year. Out of 20 pensioners only one fell off.

Mike

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Sierra Espuna great for Biking Kayaks, Water Rapids , Quad bikes etc recommend Hotel Mariposa at Gebas (follow road to Pleigo and Mula from Alhama de Murcia) (look it up on internet) great deals for all sorts of activities including Music themed nights and Hotel accommodation etc it is even possible if all rooms booked to park Motorhome close by and sleep it off. Mark the proprietor and his team go out of their way to the customers . Great value.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We will be at Pinar San Jose as well, from Jan 19th until we get fed up ( might be a month, might be two.. might be longer ! )

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Seriously considering Portugal for this winter but we're not sure whether to take the tunnel and drive from Calais or get the ferry either to Bilbao or Santander. My main problem is that I get very seasick and I have heard bad reports of the ferry crossings, particularly in relation to the Cap Finstere ferry. We would leave the UK around 2nd week in November. Can anyone advise us please. Thanks.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Around 2nd week in November you may / will get rough seas on the crossing. We can across in December and for 10 hours of the 24 hours the boat was up and down. If you get seasick easy? stick to the eurotunnel 35 minutes and you're on the other side - blick and you will miss it.........

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
30th September. Days counting down now. Portsmouth to santander. Straight to the Aire recommended on here by the safari park. Can't think of the name yet then meander down to the Algarve till the spring. Come back the same way. Lovely. Should have done this year's ago.

mike9jr

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Joint J150
Exp
I'm planning on heading to Bilboa/Santander mid Jan and down to Sagres for a while, then east to Spain. I'm a total novice so i'll be trying to find funsters along the way... :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Certainly no going West from Sagres???::bigsmile: Fall off the end. :Eeek: Nice but windy there, we used the unofficial Aire there, no water so didn't stay long. Grocer man turned up in his van though selling it.
lovely fresh veg and fruit.
We'll be heading to Silves/praia de rocha, for the winter.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Hoping to get down to beni (villasol ) for a month or 6 weeks in the new year if I can swing the time off!!!

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We will be heading down to Alicante region end of Nov to end of Feb. Was hoping to stay at Lomonte camping in Pilar but they have no large pitches left available. So maybe Florantilles in Torrevieja or Marjal in Crevillente.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Got our train booked for the 2nd of Janaury, drive down to friends at Hardanges, stay there a couple of nights, then down through France Sunday, hopefully the roads will be quieter on a Sunday, then through Spain, Portugal arriving at Pedro's in time for the BBQ, cant wait.:)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
looks like spain will be awash again with mad drunken brits then lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.