Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
We are considering going to the north facing coast of Spain 2015 .any one know of any nice Aires, campsites etc.we will be entering Spain via Bayonne. All suggestions welcome.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Did this coast many years ago with a caravan.. one site that I remember being good was Broken Link Removed
There were a lot of motorhomes parked near the beach.. I recall being quite envious as we were pitched in the site..

Nice beach and nice walk around the cliff to the town of Ondarroa .. very Spanish with few tourists so that appealed..

Google map

In 2007 we went along the same route in the RV, en route Portugal but found few places big enough for overnighting with a big outfit.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Lovely part of the world, BUT the weather can be a bit dodgy, as of course it can be in the UK and many other places too.

We sailed into Santander in late April this year and it was wet, cold and foggy. Travelling south over the mountains and the sun came out within the hour - and stayed with us for five weeks as we toured southern Spain and Portugal. And on return to Santander at the end of May, as we approached the coast - 45 minutes' away - it began to rain again and did so until we'd sailed some distance north across the Bay of Biscay.

A bit anecdotal I know, but just a heads-up. I reckon June, July and August should have the best weather.

Have a great trip in any case.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
In the Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne area (known locally as BAB) there are three aires, Anglet, La Barre, and Biarritz Ave de Milady. I've listed them in our personal order of preference, having used all three. Only Milady has EHU (limited - first come first served). Closer to Spain the aire at Saint Jean de Lutz is narrow and next to a busy road - the small aire by the station at Hendaye is quieter.

In N Spain we've used Camping Sopelana in Sopelana, basic 3 star site, nothing special but handy for the beach. I honestly can't remember the names of the others - it's a nice part of Spain but with very forgettable campsites :xsmile:. I do recall visiting the replica cave art at Altamira, and going into Bilbao.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Comillas is a great camping place and a great little town. In addition to other attractions it has a Gaudi building - lovely!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back