Spain - Marjal Costa Blanca, 'Special Offer' for Members Only (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Tonka and I have arranged a reduced fee for ALL Motorhomefun Members who will be in Spain during January/February/March/April 2014:

The fee is 16€.00 per night and will include one access per day to the gym, spa and inside swimming pools, not on weekends. This is for a Comfort Pitch, 2 people and includes electrics, wifi and TV. Any ‘Extras’ are as per their 2014 rates (low season) on their website

Having been a guest twice in the past it is an excellent stopover to consider if you are travelling around Spain this coming winter. It has a ‘Spa’ (included in the deal) and is close to many picturesque footpaths and the El Hondo Nature park. Nearby (10 – 15 minutes cycle) are the two small towns San Fellipe and Catral.

If you want to take advantage of this offer and visit Marjal you should PM me and include your van registration number and I will then forward a ‘code’ you will need to supply Marjal Costa Blanca reception on your arrival.

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
Marjal Costa Blanca

Hi All,

We are staying at this site at present we arrived 3 weeks ago and will be here until April and as you can guess on a different rate to yours however we can confirm its a very nice site great pitches lovely clean sanitaires plenty of hot water modern facilities such as laundry toilets etc ....friendly helpful staff decent prices in the bar and at the camp shop.

The Spa, gym ,pool, sauna, steam and organised classes are to die for don't forget your swimming hat and flip flops they are compulsory.
Wi-Fi a bit hit and miss its free but depends where your pitch is invest in a booster is my advice TV on your pitch BBC 1 BBC 2 ITV 1 ITV 2 and other English speaking channels like Paramount.

Lots of interesting towns, markets, places nearby to visit gorgeous landscapes. Catral has the cheapest fuel 1/4 mile from the site and you can get LPG at Alicante and now at a Repsol garage just up the road on the AP-7 at Creveilent.

Feel free at ask anymore questions and we will try to help

Regards

Dave & Anne-Marie :Smile::Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are staying at this site at present we arrived 3 weeks ago and will be here until April
Dave & Anne-Marie :Smile::Smile:

Good heavens. Spain has so much to offer and you voluntarily restrict yourself to an overgrown car park in the middle of nowhere.

We enjoyed 10 days with the help of a mob of FUNsters but 11 and I'd have been asking the Spanish word for suicide.

Each to their own as they say.

Just down the road there are sites like this.......

And hundreds more if you use my sig.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• cp1.jpg
    cp1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 107
  • cp2.jpg
    cp2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 96
  • cp3.jpg
    cp3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 103
  • cp4.jpg
    cp4.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 94
  • cp5.jpg
    cp5.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 89

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It will be interesting to see how much they charge on ACSI next year, we were surprised earlier this year when we called in to see Mike and Carolyn and it was only €14 on ACSI and had been €16 the previous year. ::bigsmile:
We could not decide how many nights to stay, but they offered 7 nights for the price of 6, :whatthe: and we stayed 10. :ROFLMAO:

Although the site is not in the best position, we have had some nice cycle rides, and enjoy Catral with its markets, and you cant say the site is not value for money, might call in for a bit this winter. :thumb: Bob.

Ps :winky: SoapyTutti :Smile: Mr motorhome Andrew and Carol know more about the pitches than anyone, they went into great depths on how they were constructed. :ROFLMAO:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I said "thanks" to the original poster for sorting it out for other members here. As this is a hobby where you make your own life style some may say "why use this sort of place" ( I live 15KM from Marjal ) but have never used it.
As Hilldweller says Spain has lots to offer ( just like Portugal, Germany and the UK ), but many would only use the likes of Marjal.

That's up to the MH owner and who am I to say other wise........

Wherever you decide to stay ENJOY.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Be fair Brian...... it was in it`s infantsy when we were there...

It`s all probably lush & green now... :winky:

And the facility`s take some beating.... don't care anyway, got to be better than the UK... ::bigsmile:

Anyway we are booked in for a couple of weeks from 23rd Dec, en-route... :thumb:

And I have ordered 24 spit roast chickens from my mate.... just got to persuade Jim to come and rip them apart.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
We are here at the moment on the ACSI and it 14€ a night.
For our needs it is a very good site, spa, gym for free and a bonus for us only €2.00 an hour of tennis:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Be fair Brian...... it was in it`s infantsy when we were there...
It`s all probably lush & green now... :winky:
And the facility`s take some beating.... don't care anyway, got to be better than the UK... ::bigsmile:
Anyway we are booked in for a couple of weeks from 23rd Dec, en-route... :thumb:

All of what you say is true of course. But I would be letting down FUN if I didn't encourage people get the maximum out of their MHs.

If we were passing I'd gladly stay a few days, that spa is great, I really enjoyed that.

Benidorm has to be seen to be believed, we love it, so full of life. Right across country near Cadiz, Puerto St Maria is another face of Spain with is old sherry warehouses and port. And half way Granada, a fine town with one of the sights of Europe, The Alhambra. It's quite a country.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
was just there last week, paid with camping cheques but as said its also €14 with the acsi card. i like the site and my only moan would be that quite large sections are being turned into shanty areas by permanent spanish caravans and they can be very noisy at the weekends. other than that its a good site if you have transport.

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
Good heavens. Spain has so much to offer and you voluntarily restrict yourself to an overgrown car park in the middle of nowhere.

We enjoyed 10 days with the help of a mob of FUNsters but 11 and I'd have been asking the Spanish word for suicide.

Each to their own as they say.

Just down the road there are sites like this.......

And hundreds more if you use my sig.

I was just trying to be helpful but not to worry we have our little Fiat 500 which incidentally we tow behind our motorhome with a braked A frame and yes in Spain too which I am sure you have something negative to say about that too but it gives us the freedom to visit various places including Benidorm and many other interesting towns and cities or we take the train which is far cheaper than the UK.

In conclusion however we are here for the Winter at a very good rate and with facilities as previously mentioned which we feel are very good.
We are newbies to having a motorhome but full timers also and it beats been back in the UK.

Your comments and negativity has not persuaded me to move on elsewhere like you say 'each to there own' I was just trying to be helpful to those who were coming to this site as per the original post incidentally 150 Brits are coming here for Christmas maybe you would like to advise them against it too.

Furthermore we have been touring since April and visited many sites in France, Italy and Spain and just wanted to settle somewhere for the Winter before travelling back to the UK via Portugal and northwest Spain.

To say this site is just an 'oversized car park' it has a very nice 'multi-national community'

Regards

Dave & Anne-Marie

Deleted User
was just there last week, paid with camping cheques but as said its also €14 with the acsi card. i like the site and [HI]my only moan would be that quite large sections are being turned into shanty areas by permanent spanish caravans and they can be very noisy at the weekends.[/HI] other than that its a good site if you have transport.

Thats how they do things on most Spanish sites that we have been on, can be a real pain but that's how the Spanish like to do things.

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Update

Should have mentioned the fee agreed (16€) was arranged for ‘a short stay’ however, you may agree a similar or, indeed a lower price in 2014 if you are staying for over 30 days or, more.

FYI, I was informed the ‘short stay’ (1 or 2 days) price was going to increase in 2014 and they intend to no longer be including the Spa and maybe electrics for ACSI Members. Presently a ‘short stay’ for 2014 low season is advertised as 26€ per day for 1 or 2 days or 19.50€ per day for 3 – 16 days.

It costs nothing to take up this ‘special offer’ - it is only an agreed price which you may or may not wish to use. :thumb:

As we are also travelling and will not have internet all the time might I suggest (if you are going to be in Spain) you take up this offer prior to our departure before the 10th December 2013. If I am not contactable you can also try to PM Tonka who also helped arrange this offer on behalf of all the members.

Please remember to send your van registration when you PM.

Cannot wait to use their Spa again. Onwards and upwards. :Cool:

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
. i like the site and my only moan would be that quite large sections are being turned into shanty areas by permanent spanish caravans and they can be very noisy at the weekends. other than that its a good site if you have transport.

What we should all remember is that we are in SPAIN!!!

If you go to Benisol in Benidorm it is the Brits that have turned the campsite into a shanty town.

Debbie & Andy

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Marjal has to be the motorhoming equivalent of Marmite ::bigsmile:

When we arrived at reception to attend the Fun meet the first year we nearly didn't even book in-I'm so glad we did :thumb:

This year we spent 3 mths there and the social life we had was fantastic-on 'Rest' or 'Liver Recovery' days we did a lot of cycling locally and hired a car for a couple of weeks.

Yes Brian,Spain has lots to offer-we've had a great time touring Northern or Green Spain and we have loads more we intend to do,but,to just get away from winter in UK we''ll do Marjal again.:thumb:

Mike.

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
We live, when in Spain, close to this site and we love it. For a site to be so spacious is superb and all our 'camping car' friends who live in Spain love this site too. There is space, whether is seems like a large car park to some, many people like it compared to most crowded European sites. Of course when the flora grows it could well be an overgrown jungle as others appear to be.

We care for an eleven year old and this site has plenty for the children to do, meeting up with other children and space to play without bothering others. The amenities are superb, security is very good and the staff are very helpful. Everywhere is clean.

The motorway is close by and easy to travel into the coastal towns. This area of Spain, being close to the salt lakes, is one of the healthiest places to live in the world. Many people live in this area to recuperate.

In my opinion, I think Marjal is great, big open spaces, but great at any time of year. :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i have stayed there and i would not tell people not to go there but for us it would never be a long period i was there for 4 weeks and that was enough after 2 weeks i started crawling up the walls but its also possible we may return in jan but only for a few days you cant fault the facilities spotless toilet blocks and massive pitches as for the wifi if its the same as it was in january then take a booster Ariel and you wont have any problems
for me there wasn't enough nearby although i had a car i didnt want to drive everyday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back