* Spain, Malaga 2014 (5th - 25th March) UPDATE (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Please keep us on the list will be there on the 5th for at least a couple of weeks will have to confirm leaving date later,

Thanks Dave & Carol

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
Hi Andrew,Nice to have met you at Stratford, please confirm us attending from 5th to 25th March. Looking forward to this.

Cally and Tony

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what is the weather like Dec, Jan nad Feb please?

We spent Feb 2013 in Benidorm. When the wind stopped blowing and the sun was out it was Tshirt weather, great, but when the wind got up it was ffffffreeeeezing and we had a little snow.

As we left I made a mental note - got good enough, might as well be miserable at home, it's a lot cheaper.

Morocco or nothing in my humble opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Hi Andrew, sorry to say that we won't be attending this rally, due to other commitments at that time of year - really sorry but I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. Telling you now so people can move up the list - again SORRY!!! Perri & Tony x:cry::cry::cry:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi Andrew, sorry to say that we won't be attending this rally, due to other commitments at that time of year - really sorry but I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. Telling you now so people can move up the list - again SORRY!!! Perri & Tony x:cry::cry::cry:

:Eeek::cry::cry::shout::cry::cry::shout::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Andrew

Confirming we will be there for the last 7 nights 19th - 25th. Cheers. :thumb: :thumb:

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Hi Andrew ,Please add my name to the growing list. I will attend for the 3weeks ( 2 adults) ..rgds John

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We plan to be in Morocco from mid Feb to mid March so would hope to join you all for a few days during your last week if that's okay. :Cool:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I was sure we were on the original list, but we seem to have disappeared from the update. We will definitely be there for the full three weeks so please add us to the list.

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi I was sure we were on the original list, but we seem to have disappeared from the update. We will definitely be there for the full three weeks so please add us to the list.

Ginny and Mike

Hello Ginny and Mike, you are on the list - No 38 and also on the 'Update List' No 36 at the moment.

:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:Sad:

There are more adding than dropping out !!!!

Fingers crossed we can get some extra places....:thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hello Ginny and Mike, you are on the list - No 38 and also on the 'Update List' No 36 at the moment.

:thumb:[/QUOT

I checked the list twice! Looks like the ability to read is on the way out as well!!!

Is there a form to complete? We well be in Spain from the beginning of January so would it be possible to go earlier or does the site open in March?

Ginny and Mike

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Elaine and I would love to call in on way home from morocco around mid march but we can't book anything yet
So we will just have to take our chances nearer the Time
Just the way cookie crumbles can't be helped

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Hi all. If there is room on this meet for us an our little pooch for a week in the middle please let me know. We live here in Espana so will work it in with a trip. Any of the middle 3 weeks is fine by us, totally flexible and it'd great to meet everyone. Trev & Deb

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Is there a form to complete? We well be in Spain from the beginning of January so would it be possible to go earlier or does the site open in March?

Ginny and Mike

No forms.. The site I understand is open all year and they do offer an ASCI rate so you can go anytime, subject to them having space. We have a verbal agreement of he agreed €14 rate and 30 places for our specified dates...

Some funsters used it on the way down to Morocco and us, with others went there on the way back.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Well it looks like a winter sunshine break for the funsters is growing in momentum.

We may well also stop on the way down to Morocco too, not sure when prop Dec time, as well as the meet there on the way back up.

Something nice to look forward too.

Pat

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Morocco

We may well also stop on the way down to Morocco too, not sure when prop Dec time, as well as the meet there on the way back up.
Something nice to look forward too.

Pat

Might see you in Morocco :Cool:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
:thumb:MotorhomeFUN Name / Length of your stay. :thumb:

UPDATED LIST - Total of 16 Confirmations and 11 TBC. Total: 27

1.) Tonka (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
2.) Mr Motorhome (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
3.) Polar bear (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
4.) The Only Sue
5.) Brisey (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
6.) Malcolm Bolt (*Confirmed 19th - 25th)
7.) Ambilkate (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
8.) Sennen523
9.) Pat4Neil (TBC)
10.) Archie2000 (TBC 5th- 25th March)
11.) Estcres
12.) Canopus (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
13.) Kaybee (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) - Would like to travel down with others.
14.) Penelope Pitstop (TBC)
15.) Philcott (TBC 5th - 25th)
16.) Salopian (TBC)
17.) Champers
18.) Cally (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
19.) Southampton (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
20.) Maxsdad (*Confirmed 5th - 18th March)
21.) Elamessa (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
22.) Taran_las
23.) Carol
24.) Chrisboyo
25.) Johnstey
26.) Silkcut1105
27.) Dai
28.) Beerdrinker1
29.) Audlin
30.) Destination unknown (rv)
============================================
31.) Bee
32.) Redchad (TBC 11th - 25th)
33.) Rayb182
34.) Paddyd887
35.) Teasy2007 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
36.) Teddybard
37.) Captinpugwash
38.) Suggy (TBC 5th - 25th March)
39.) Timetraveller (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
40.) CarolynandMike (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
41.) UKBill (TBC 5th - 25th March)
42.) Knuckledragger (TBC 5th - 25th March)
43.) Diamondcub
44.) Jeb (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
45.) Scattycat (TBC 18th - 25th March)
46.) Trev Massey (TBC 12 -18th March)

Other Information:

Manilva is situated as a base from which you can explore Andalucía, with its picturesque white towns and villages nestling in the region’s mountains, to its historic cities such as Seville, Malaga, Granada and Cordoba. Just a short hop across the Strait of Gibraltar from continental Africa, namely Ceuta and Morocco. Gibraltar (duty free) is a 30 minute drive. The nearest village is Manilva or the town of Puerto de la Duquesa both a few minutes' walk or cycle along the beach front.

Price negotiated is €14 (Euro) a day per van, to include 1 or 2 people and includes electricity (16amp) and wifi. A calendar month can be negotiated once you are there if you so wish. A figure of €360 has been mentioned but electric will then be charged separately, so that will not be far off the €14 anyway.

This is a pop 'in - out meeting.' there are no formal arrangements or travel plans. There is no commitment to stay the whole 3 weeks people can arrive at any point and stay as long or as short as they like. We are setting these weeks as a guideline to say that's when we are having the "do". Hopefully as we get nearer the time we can plan things to make sure everyone is fitted in. However, they are selling pitches for long stayers, so it cannot be ruled out that restriction on numbers will be applied. As already mentioned, we have an allocation of 30 spaces at present. Naturally, you can also come and go when you want and pay the normal site rates at times / dates that suit you subject to their availability in the event they do not agree to increase the numbers. Tonka and Mr Motorhome are in contact with Rudi (site manager) and will keep him informed.

There is no commitment and no deposit, this is all being arranged with goodwill.

Note: we have been told the weekend of 28th Feb 2014 is 'Andalucía Day' a public holiday in this part of Spain (Malaga) and many sites will be very busy. This MotorhomeFUN gathering is to start on 5th - 25th March 2014 (three weeks)

You can visit the La Bella Vista web site HERE for more details regarding the facilities and services, or Broken Link Removed for the campsite rules.

Co-ordinates are :> n36.20.46 w5.14.11 - Mapcode: (Spain) kv8.cnq - Gps: n36 20.771 w5 14.185

Looking forward to seeing you all there! :Cool:

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
:thumb:MotorhomeFUN Name / Length of your stay. :thumb:

UPDATED LIST - Total of 16 Confirmations and 11 TBC. Total: 27

1.) Tonka (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
2.) Mr Motorhome (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
3.) Polar bear (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
4.) The Only Sue
5.) Brisey (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
6.) Malcolm Bolt (*Confirmed 19th - 25th)
7.) Ambilkate (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
8.) Sennen523
9.) Pat4Neil (TBC)
10.) Archie2000 (TBC 5th- 25th March)
11.) Estcres
12.) Canopus (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
13.) Kaybee (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March) - Would like to travel down with others.
14.) Penelope Pitstop (TBC)
15.) Philcott (TBC 5th - 25th)
16.) Salopian (TBC)
17.) Champers
18.) Cally (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
19.) Southampton (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
20.) Maxsdad (*Confirmed 5th - 18th March)
21.) Elamessa (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
22.) Taran_las
23.) Carol
24.) Chrisboyo
25.) Johnstey
26.) Silkcut1105
27.) Dai
28.) Beerdrinker1
29.) Audlin
30.) Destination unknown (rv)
31.) Bee
32.) Redchad (TBC 11th - 25th)
33.) Rayb182
34.) Paddyd887
35.) Teasy2007 (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
36.) Teddybard
37.) Captinpugwash
38.) Suggy (TBC 5th - 25th March)
39.) Timetraveller (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
40.) CarolynandMike (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
41.) UKBill (TBC 5th - 25th March)
42.) Knuckledragger (TBC 5th - 25th March)
43.) Diamondcub
44.) Jeb (*Confirmed 5th - 25th March)
45.) Scattycat (TBC 18th - 25th March)
46.) Trev Massey (TBC 12 -18th March)

Other Information:

Manilva is situated as a base from which you can explore Andalucía, with its picturesque white towns and villages nestling in the region’s mountains, to its historic cities such as Seville, Malaga, Granada and Cordoba. Just a short hop across the Strait of Gibraltar from continental Africa, namely Ceuta and Morocco. Gibraltar (duty free) is a 30 minute drive. The nearest village is Manilva or the town of Puerto de la Duquesa both a few minutes' walk or cycle along the beach front.

Price negotiated is €14 (Euro) a day per van, to include 1 or 2 people and includes electricity (16amp) and wifi. A calendar month can be negotiated once you are there if you so wish. A figure of €360 has been mentioned but electric will then be charged separately, so that will not be far off the €14 anyway.

This is a pop 'in - out meeting.' there are no formal arrangements or travel plans. There is no commitment to stay the whole 3 weeks people can arrive at any point and stay as long or as short as they like. We are setting these weeks as a guideline to say that's when we are having the "do". Hopefully as we get nearer the time we can plan things to make sure everyone is fitted in. However, they are selling pitches for long stayers, so it cannot be ruled out that restriction on numbers will be applied. As already mentioned, we have an allocation of 30 spaces at present. Naturally, you can also come and go when you want and pay the normal site rates at times / dates that suit you subject to their availability in the event they do not agree to increase the numbers. Tonka and Mr Motorhome are in contact with Rudi (site manager) and will keep him informed.

There is no commitment and no deposit, this is all being arranged with goodwill.

Note: we have been told the weekend of 28th Feb 2014 is 'Andalucía Day' a public holiday in this part of Spain (Malaga) and many sites will be very busy. This MotorhomeFUN gathering is to start on 5th - 25th March 2014 (three weeks)

You can visit the La Bella Vista web site HERE for more details regarding the facilities and services, or Broken Link Removed for the campsite rules.

Co-ordinates are :> n36.20.46 w5.14.11 - Mapcode: (Spain) kv8.cnq - Gps: n36 20.771 w5 14.185

Looking forward to seeing you all there! :Cool:

Can we sign up now too please? I've come in cold on this but it sounds fantastic. Annie and I will be on our European sabbatical then and we would love to meet up with fellow funsters there. I'm from Gibraltar myself so would use the site as a base from which to pop back to my birthplace and see my parents and family.
I am in a position to confirm now if it would help!

Thanks
Eric

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hi Johnstey herewith confirming that we will be in Spain all winter and look forward to being at the March Meet in it's entirety! House sold last week and have no intention of jumping back into the housing market immediately so will maybe go in the van for winter and try renting a place Jan,Feb to see how we get on.Exciting times!:thumb:

paddyd887

Free Member
Oct 15, 2011
great barford
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
Can you please add out name to to confirmation of attendees for the whole of the meet dates. Something to look forward to once the weather here starts to change.
Thanks
Colin and Liz ( Paddyd887) 5th to 25th March

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
No forms.. The site I understand is open all year and they do offer an ASCI rate so you can go anytime, subject to them having space. We have a verbal agreement of he agreed €14 rate and 30 places for our specified dates...

Some funsters used it on the way down to Morocco and us, with others went there on the way back.
are you sure they have a acsi rate they are not included in the camping card scheme which normally means they dont do a acsi rate ?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
are you sure they have a acsi rate they are not included in the camping card scheme which normally means they dont do a acsi rate ?

Yes, sorry slight correction..
They are not ACSI. but Rudi, the manager there did offer a special rate to us as funsters of €18 at the time. He gave this to the group who stayed on the route down and did the same deal when several of us stayed on the way back..

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
some of the acsi sites are confusing unless they have signed for the discount card they dont offer it so people need to be aware unless they have the camping card on their site u pay full price i believe its time acsi removed these from their listings we get the acsi for the discount i have been caught out with this a couple of times

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
the right guide

some of the acsi sites are confusing unless they have signed for the discount card they dont offer it so people need to be aware unless they have the camping card on their site u pay full price i believe its time acsi removed these from their listings we get the acsi for the discount i have been caught out with this a couple of times

ACSI have a number of different guides. This year I have been using one that lists both the CC sites (cheap out of season) as well as aires and the like (both free and charged). I have also used a separate ACSI guide for sites during high season. It gives lots of detail and I find both guides useful. :thumb:
If you use the ACSI Camping Card guide to find a cheap site out of season how could it be confused with a site that does not offer the cheap rates.

Or am I just confused about the point raised? :Doh:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back