Spain June, a good time to go? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
You read sooooo much into my posts on the subject of Spain......that I did not say or mean.

Do you honestly think that I have lived in a country for 15 years and try to get people NOT to visit.

I have said all that I intend to say.

I for one took your original post with a pinch of salt as it was intended(y)

I presumed that mariner's replies were in the same vain, perhaps I was wrong.

Motorhome Fun

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
Quite how this thread has developed into a bun fight is beyond me.

The OP only asked if June was a good time to visit Spain, Oh Please!:rolleyes:
I saw through the less than helpful comments, thank you for your help and advice, much appreciated

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That pic of the 'Vultures' (sorry, I'm no good on birds) reminds me of the queue for Jim's bacon butties :)
They are Griffon vultures which are by far the commonest vulture you will see in Spain. Flocks of a hundred or more are not uncommon in places where they feed them.

The other relatively common vulture is the Egyptian which is much smaller and paler and in my limited experience more solitary.

The other vultures of Spain (he says with a straight face) are the Black which is much rarer and you need to be a twitcher to tell one from a Griffon and the iconic Bearded Vulture which you might see if you are very lucky, I've only seen them twice, the second time after spending over a week in likely paces.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Mediterranean Spain would be to hot for me in June, i'm there now and the high teens low 20 degrees is just right. Once it gets into the high 20° the MH won't get cool enough for you to sleep at night and stifling during the day. Try Green Spain.

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
Mediterranean Spain would be to hot for me in June, i'm there now and the high teens low 20 degrees is just right. Once it gets into the high 20° the MH won't get cool enough for you to sleep at night and stifling during the day. Try Green Spain.
Thank you good advice. I'm part lizard.. The hotter the better. The MH has aircon and is surprisingly quiet. If it gets to much then nip north I suppose. Great having no fixed plan. See where the wind blows us

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Thank you good advice. I'm part lizard.. The hotter the better. The MH has aircon and is surprisingly quiet. If it gets to much then nip north I suppose. Great having no fixed plan. See where the wind blows us
If you're on a campsite with shade and plugged in so your air con works would be OK. Enjoy, whatever you do.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A perfect time to visit Spain, no crowds, nice weather, come and enjoy what is on offer. If visiting the north coast you could still experience some frontal systems bringing rain, the costas will be more settled and pleasantly warm to hot. Aires book, ACSI card and an open mind will ensure you have a good trip.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
@Billy23 you are wrong but also right,i understand exactly what you mean,and in 1 way i agree with you,levante area,the strip,all along servo ave,mediterania,europa is english spain.i live in benidorm and even if people don't like that fact sod em :whistle: thats the english triangle,however the old town is spanish and other side of moutnain in altea and albir there is lots of spanish but also classed as little holland,la calla,and surrounding area is spanish.so yes billy ya right but there is a lot of spanish to be found very nearby

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
@Billy23 you are wrong but also right,i understand exactly what you mean,and in 1 way i agree with you,levante area,the strip,all along servo ave,mediterania,europa is english spain.i live in benidorm and even if people don't like that fact sod em :whistle: thats the english triangle,however the old town is spanish and other side of moutnain in altea and albir there is lots of spanish but also classed as little holland,la calla,and surrounding area is spanish.so yes billy ya right but there is a lot of spanish to be found very nearby

Thank you @ukbill when I typed my post, it was meant to be a very light comment.:) All I meant was that if you look at Spain, it would seem to me, that more English people, visit and live over "That side of Spain" and my suggestion was that they should try to make sure that they sampled the "Spanish" parts of Spain, wherever that is. I would think that we have a lot less English over this side (Seville) than "Your" side hence my comment.

As I say, I thought it was a very light comment......not everybody thought so.:(

And I am sure, Benidorm is a great place!!!:):D

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My house near Seville

You poor thing. We left Portugal with the intention of "doing" Seville. Picked the "aire" in the city, by the river.

We eventually find the "aire", it was more like a scrapyard. Even the gippos had left. So did we, quickly.

THEN we hit Seville traffic, it made the M25 look deserted and user friendly, after a while and a move of maybe one kilometre I said "blow this, I don't need to see the place this badly" and headed out of the place by any route that was moving a bit. I was surprised how big it was. We recovered in a little site towards Granada. Brandy was involved. Now I know why they make good cheap brandy.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
:D
You poor thing. We left Portugal with the intention of "doing" Seville. Picked the "aire" in the city, by the river.

We eventually find the "aire", it was more like a scrapyard. Even the gippos had left. So did we, quickly.

THEN we hit Seville traffic, it made the M25 look deserted and user friendly, after a while and a move of maybe one kilometre I said "blow this, I don't need to see the place this badly" and headed out of the place by any route that was moving a bit. I was surprised how big it was. We recovered in a little site towards Granada. Brandy was involved. Now I know why they make good cheap brandy.

Come on "Man up" you can handle it! :):D(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:D

Come on "Man up" you can handle it! :):D(y)

Not at all. This was two months into "holiday", there was no patience left in me. Too many miles. Too much sleep lost on noisy campsites. If we do the "winter sun" thing again it will be in a flat or hut. That worked well when we tried it two years ago and this year confirms that flat is best for me/us for long term. We also benefitted from having our car so got out more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back