Spain from France maybe. (1 Viewer)

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
I’m thinking of driving down from France into northern Spain for a bit of sun,maybe down as far as Valencia until France clears up weather wise.inland if necessary.
I’m expecting a lot of chavvy sites for some reason, are there a decent class of Motorhome sites In Spain that people would recommend.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Reactions: DBK
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
You could try La Torre Del Sol, just over 2 hours drive into Spain, own private beach, selection of bars entertainment each evening, swimming 3 large pools etc. We've just had 10 days there before moving further South, you've got Bonterra Park at Benicassium which is about 1.5 hours further along the coast, the site feels rather crowded, excellent facilities, 7min walk to beach, there are lots of Brits on site. some long termers. lots of other sites as you work your way south toward Benidorm and beyond.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We loved this site

Near Morello which is lovely to visit but was too cold to overnight in March.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We like Playa Montroig near Tarragona.

It’s quite expensive but that means you get a better class of chav.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We’re just on our way back from Camping Eden at Peniscola - 100m from a great beach, very much a Spanish resort, great walks/cycling along the seafront. Site pretty organised, good pool, ACSI - pitches large, although trees make access to some difficult. Can be noisy at weekends, when they often have functions in the restaurant. I wouldn’t fancy either the site or the resort in peak season, though.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Generally we prefer the Spanish campsites but it depends where you go. Spanish facilities tend to be cleaner than French ones. We like Camping Estanyet at Cases d’Alancar. This is a small family run campsite close to the sea, with spotless facilities, a lovely pool and a great restaurant with home cooked food.

Try reading the reviews:

https://www.eurocampings.co.uk/spai...cases-dalcanar/campsite-estanyet-115212/#tabs

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If you are looking for aires, not campsites, there are loads around Northern Spain and most of them seemed to be free.
Earlier this year, we travelled over the Pyrenees into Spain down to Pamplona and kept away from the busy coastal towns, following the Camino de Compostella. Found some lovely towns and villages, also some really bad ones, the north west coast was our favourite and it’s worth visiting Fisterra, the end of the Camino.
Have a good trip.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I’m thinking of driving down from France into northern Spain for a bit of sun,maybe down as far as Valencia until France clears up weather wise.inland if necessary.
I’m expecting a lot of chavvy sites for some reason, are there a decent class of Motorhome sites In Spain that people would recommend.
Think you mean eastern Spain,,,northern Spain is on the Atlantic not the Med. Think you will be surprised at the quality of the sites,,The coastal scenery on Costa Brava is stunning in parts..,We like France but much prefer Spain for the people, the sites,the food,the roads and the prices.BUSBY.

OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for those replies (busby,you’re correct, east is what I should have said). I’m gonna be taking those suggestions up n head down Spain for sun.
This place is beautiful we’re we are at ( near Serres) at present but the chill n rain make it similar to being in the Lake District, so we’ll come back up this way when the sun does.
Thanks again.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Would you like a list of the sites we are going to so you can avoid us ;):LOL:

OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Would you like a list of the sites we are going to so you can avoid us ;):LOL:
Sue, unless looks are very deceiving, I don’t reckon you’ll be effin n jeffin all the hours! N if you do, it’d be interesting viewing. C u in BENI
But give the list anyway

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sue, unless looks are very deceiving, I don’t reckon you’ll be effin n jeffin all the hours! N if you do, it’d be interesting viewing. C u in BENI
But give the list anyway

Have been know to F and Jeff but don't make a habit of it. Not got a list I am a follow your nose or the sun sort of person, very frustrating for John who likes to know our intended destination. Have agreed on our first nights stop so far. then it will be google weather and head for the sun.

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
There is a beautiful site called Playa Tropicana in the very small town of Alcossebre.

http://www.campingplayatropicana.com/

It is a delightful site, 99% Spanish with lots of permanent pitches, the front gate opens out onto the most delicious beach, one of those beaches where you walk 10 feet into the water and it’s super deep! Superb supermarket onsite and in the town. I can not recommend it highly enough. If you are looking for the North of Spain around San Sebastián region, there are some lovely sites there - check out Gran Camping Zarautz, a campsite on top of a big hill with breathtaking view and sunsets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back