Spain / France Amber PLUS + (dark orange or light red) (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I'd be extra cautious when meeting them again, its not a case of what's allowed, my question is how would you feel if you passed a new unknown variant onto any one of them? For the sake of a holiday, I just don't understand the thinking here.

I fully understand the beauty of European travel, I'd adore to be in the German Alps right now, but wouldn't dream of risking anyone's life for what is after all an unnecessary journey.
That's what makes this world wonderfully diverse and interesting. You have an opinion and way of living, our mums have one and we have one too.

We may not always agree with what someone else does, but sometimes we should let things pass without voicing our opinion as it is not valid or warranted.

The mum's have not cocooned themselves away through any of this, just obeyed the rules, they have lived their lives how they wanted to, seeing friends and family at the first opportunity. Fear has not got to them and believe that when their time is up, it is up.

I am not sure what makes you think we are more susceptible to getting covid and bringing it back to a more densely populated UK as it does not add up. But there you go, opinions again and maybe I should keep mine to myself too!!!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We may not always agree with what someone else does, but sometimes we should let things pass without voicing our opinion as it is not valid or warranted.
I beg to differ, its everyone's business when people have a devil may care attitude to a Pandemic, I'd suggest that you look up pandemic in a dictionary.
Drag variants of this virus back & it could easily cause thousands of deaths or worse & the same is true in reverse, you could be spreading variants all over France.

I hope & pray that this virus will calm down, but having studied viruses for years, the one thing I do know is that with mankind's ignorant help, unnecessary deaths are inevitable.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I beg to differ, its everyone's business when people have a devil may care attitude to a Pandemic, I'd suggest that you look up pandemic in a dictionary.
Drag variants of this virus back & it could easily cause thousands of deaths or worse & the same is true in reverse, you could be spreading variants all over France.

I hope & pray that this virus will calm down, but having studied viruses for years, the one thing I do know is that with mankind's ignorant help, unnecessary deaths are inevitable.
How do you know what attitude I have? Do you know me? Have you studied my actions through all this, No! So please keep your ill informed, unsubstantiated OPINIONS on my actions and my life to your self.

I have been tested, have had two vaccinations and I am abiding by the rules and regulations of every establishment, town, county, region and country that I visit. If that is good enough for them it is good enough for me. I do not need another "know it all", self acclaimed expert like you pontificating and telling me, our mother's or my family what to do. I listen to the true experts and act on their advice.

You and your OPINIONS have no significance on my life, so please, as already requested, keep them to yourself as I really am not in the slightest bit interested.

Maybe if you knew me and you were and expert I would be listening, but you are not and therefore I am not.

I do not wish to enter into any more keyboard discussion on this matter with you and I thank you for refraining from responding with your OPINIONS!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
As a retired nurse, I like to think I've spent most of my adult life being a very caring individual, much like Ambulancekidd. However, you can come from a professional caring background and hold different opinions. I respect Ambulancekidd's rights to his opinions but I don't share them. Ambulancekidd's opinions seem to have become polarised, whereas mine are much more in the middle somewhere. Just saying.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
How do you know what attitude I have? Do you know me? Have you studied my actions through all this, No! So please keep your ill informed, unsubstantiated OPINIONS on my actions and my life to your self.

I have been tested, have had two vaccinations and I am abiding by the rules and regulations of every establishment, town, county, region and country that I visit. If that is good enough for them it is good enough for me. I do not need another "know it all", self acclaimed expert like you pontificating and telling me, our mother's or my family what to do. I listen to the true experts and act on their advice.

You and your OPINIONS have no significance on my life, so please, as already requested, keep them to yourself as I really am not in the slightest bit interested.

Maybe if you knew me and you were and expert I would be listening, but you are not and therefore I am not.

I do not wish to enter into any more keyboard discussion on this matter with you and I thank you for refraining from responding with your OPINIONS!
I was only showing concern for your mums, no offence was intended nor was a torrent of abuse warranted.
Calm down, after all, this is meant to be "Motorhome FUN"

Enjoy your holiday, have a safe journey.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm under the impression the 90/180 rule applies to EU citizens as well but is not currently enforced. Surely Ireland is one of the places where it could be enforced if there was a will?
Not exactly, but sort of, could be, but it isn't, but might be in some cases....that's cleared that one up...always here to help...🤔🇪🇦

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would love to be in France and as to catching anything I would feel safer there than any supermarket here, but I just couldn't put up with all the testing and stuff.
And ambulancekidd post doesn't stand up in many ways, he seems to be set on seeing the worst, but how the hell is going to France going to hurt your mother's or granny's or whatever, if you go and get covid you are not going to be visiting anyone , no more than if you catch it here.
And as for another lockdown, I can't see the slightest possibility of it.
Ok we have all these pings and stuff , but hardly anyone has more than a sniffle, are we going to have a flu lockdown, or hay fever or a slight cold, no.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Not exactly, but sort of, could be, but it isn't, but might be in some cases....that's cleared that one up...always here to help...🤔🇪🇦
LOL Jumar, that's exactly how I felt when looking into all of this!!

I'm under the impression the 90/180 rule applies to EU citizens as well but is not currently enforced. Surely Ireland is one of the places where it could be enforced if there was a will?
Hi Jon currently, and that's all I can work on, when entering my info on to the French Visa requirements site, it states no visa required. Like all things in life, this could change, so enjoying it whilst we can 😊😆

Screenshot_20210723-110259_Chrome.jpg

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
I would love to be in France and as to catching anything I would feel safer there than any supermarket here, but I just couldn't put up with all the testing and stuff.
And ambulancekidd post doesn't stand up in many ways, he seems to be set on seeing the worst, but how the hell is going to France going to hurt your mother's or granny's or whatever, if you go and get covid you are not going to be visiting anyone , no more than if you catch it here.
And as for another lockdown, I can't see the slightest possibility of it.
Ok we have all these pings and stuff , but hardly anyone has more than a sniffle, are we going to have a flu lockdown, or hay fever or a slight cold, no.
I so hope your right about covid.
I honestly don't want to see the worst in the pandemic, I'm just praying for the best.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The 90 days does but not "In 180".they have the advantage of only needing to exit in to any other eu or non-eu state to reset the clock.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hardly anyone has more than a sniffle, are we going to have a flu lockdown, or hay fever or a slight cold, no.

My brother-in-law (sister's ex) has Covid. He has had both his jags. He is very seriously ill - quite a bit more than a sniffle.

The theory is that he caught it from his son (also positive and also ill) who is an actor and caught it on set from someone who didn't bother to isolate or test after being pinged as he/she was asymptomatic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back