Spain everyone must wear a mask (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I walked to the bins today, it’s not densely populated. I forgot my mask. Some young lady got out of her car, donned a mask and muttered something. Then a Spaniard walked past us, no mask, walking his dog. They exchanged greetings.

I wear a mask 99% of the time. It’s just silly walking around the countryside and having to wear one.

I didn’t have one on at the beach.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
True Barclaybasher - and exactly why we haven't thrown any caution to the wind yet, but, we have both had enough now, thanks. Hence you won't find us indoors with assorted people any time soon or anywhere there are crowds outdoors either, that we can't more or less guarantee that we will be able to remain apart from - it's not very nice being scared of everybody when for the previous 70 years, you've hugged and kissed people you know, when you see them.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
You make it sound like there is no pandemic and millions of people haven’t lost their lives with 1000s more dead on a daily basis.

If everyone stuck to the laws and guidelines issued in their respective countries we would all be in a much better place.
Well said,Unfortunately some people are beyond reason

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
You have to recognise that not everyone believes the doomsday headlines that the press and media trot out to sell papers or space...nevermind the profits being made by those selling tests, PPE and running track and trace...
It doesn't matter a fig whether you believe the doomsday headlines, the media, or in little green men from mars. Laws are laws and you don't have the option to simply not obey the ones that you personally disagree with.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
It doesn't matter a fig whether you believe the doomsday headlines, the media, or in little green men from mars. Laws are laws and you don't have the option to simply not obey the ones that you personally disagree with.

You are absolutely wrong...
Everyone has the option to obey or not obey laws...
There are consequences of course if caught...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We've been in North and central Spain for the past two weeks and we have seen much stricter mask wearing than Uk, although we have noticed that when people are in more sparsely populated areas they tend to wear them round their chins and pull them up when they get closer, which seems sensible. Some people were wearing them on the beach but not many.

Imo what we do is more sensible just wearing them inside although skin complaints are apparently on the rise. Must be worse here.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A post triggered a thought, "Smoking to an early death"
Thought: What is the death rate from smoking related illnesses, What is the relative cost to the NHS by such decease?
Relative annually to Covid deaths.
These totally self inflicted, and not banned.
Just a thought

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
A post triggered a thought, "Smoking to an early death"
Thought: What is the death rate from smoking related illnesses, What is the relative cost to the NHS by such decease?
Relative annually to Covid deaths.
Just a thought

Passive smoking isn’t by choice so smoking was banned inside public places, some outside public places too.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
NHS figured published and this is every year! Put the current pandemic in perspective.
Every year around 78,000 people in the UK die from smoking, with many more living with debilitating smoking-related illnesses. Smoking increases your risk of developing more than 50 serious health conditions.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
NHS figured published and this is every year! Put the current pandemic in perspective.
Every year around 78,000 people in the UK die from smoking, with many more living with debilitating smoking-related illnesses. Smoking increases your risk of developing more than 50 serious health conditions.
Which suggests stronger measures still against smoking could be a big contribution to reducing waiting lists in the NHS.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There is another upside ...

Mask wearing outdoors benefits anyone suffering from hayfever. Especially when mowing the grass. I don't care what the neighbours might think.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
The next big polluter disregarded masks made in China.
It already is:mad:
We live by a large local hospital and the bloody things are everywhere. The very annoying thing is a lot of these are discarded by the people that work at the hospital on the way to the car that they left in a side road blocking someones drive all day.🤬

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
It already is:mad:
We live by a large local hospital and the bloody things are everywhere. The very annoying thing is a lot of these are discarded by the people that work at the hospital on the way to the car that they left in a side road blocking someones drive all day.🤬
I would get prepared and pick them up.

OP
OP
Midnightflyer
Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
As of last Saturday 26th it's no longer a requirement to wear a mask outside, the rules are now similar to the UK. You must wear a mask to go into bars and shops etc and you must wear one if you can't maintain more than 1.5 mts from a person outside of your bubble.

But where are all you funsters, we are now near L'Escala and no sign of any other Brit's here in this beautiful weather!!!!!

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
When in another country, just obey their laws. If exempt in the UK, find out what the laws are in the country you intend visiting. If it says there is no exemption, which would affect your.breathing, don’t go.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
When in another country, just obey their laws. If exempt in the UK, find out what the laws are in the country you intend visiting. If it says there is no exemption, which would affect your.breathing, don’t go.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It's nice to walk about mask free.
But now I need to get back into the habit of putting sun cream on my mush.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I know someone who was in Lanzarote a few weeks ago

Masks everywhere , even on the beach unless seated then you had to wear it as an armband

I wondered if they went round at night issuing tickets to those with no white patch on their arm

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
For sure the staff at Benicarlo will be right, what a lovely little site and great owners, we had to stop there in an emergency and couldn’t wait to revisit, nice little bar too
Was that Camping Allegria? Had 2 stays there pre COVID and very enjoyable [apart from the heart attack in Jan 2020, but even then, the Owners drove me to Vinarhos Hospital! All sorted now!]

Steve

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I know someone who was in Lanzarote a few weeks ago

Masks everywhere , even on the beach unless seated then you had to wear it as an armband

I wondered if they went round at night issuing tickets to those with no white patch on their arm
The armband thing is not true.
But they were strict about the mask wearing.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As of last Saturday 26th it's no longer a requirement to wear a mask outside, the rules are now similar to the UK. You must wear a mask to go into bars and shops etc and you must wear one if you can't maintain more than 1.5 mts from a person outside of your bubble.

But where are all you funsters, we are now near L'Escala and no sign of any other Brit's here in this beautiful weather!!!!!
Just left Spain and in three weeks we met about six Brit couples and three of them lived in Spain.It was getting too busy so now in France which is very quiet.BUSBY.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Just left Spain and in three weeks we met about six Brit couples and three of them lived in Spain.It was getting too busy so now in France which is very quiet.BUSBY.
For the next 2 days lol School holidays begin at the weekend .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We were in Cyprus last November and whilst there they introduced a rule that face masks had to be worn outside at all times.

Whilst walking home from a bar one night I absentmindedly forgot to put mine on and received a good deal of abuse from passing cars.

Obviously I put my mask on but it did seem daft as there wasn’t another soul around except for people going past in cars.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We were in Cyprus last November and whilst there they introduced a rule that face masks had to be worn outside at all times.

Whilst walking home from a bar one night I absentmindedly forgot to put mine on and received a good deal of abuse from passing cars.

Obviously I put my mask on but it did seem daft as there wasn’t another soul around except for people going past in cars.
The rules have changed...however most of us still wear for our own safety and for the safety of others....I had to drive my car today with mask on because two other occupants were not in my household....upto recently only 3 allowed in a 5 seater...now it's 4 masked up in a well ventilated vehicle....rules are made...we must obey or get fined....we can live with this...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
& at one point they provided the vast majority of the tax funds to support the NHS
Why should the Majority suffer because of the few
Is this about the B word ?:laughing:

You must also always be carrying a mask to put on .
In reality little has changed as anywhere you go you will always come across someone within 1,5m & no where have I seen that when out with people
" in your bubble" you don't need to wear one? That would mean the police having to stop everyone walking in pairs without masks to see whether they are related.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back