Spain, Desperate to get us back ! (2 Viewers)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
As long as they fit the criteria for immigration officer which is why I said I hope they let you in . No problem for nationals or residents at the moment but not second home owners here till 9 June .
where is "here" ? as in your profile, France maybe, they are 2nd home owners is Spain arent they ? so in theory are allowed through France I thought

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
As long as they fit the criteria for immigration officer which is why I said I hope they let you in . No problem for nationals or residents at the moment but not second home owners here till 9 June .
All UK persons (regardless of residency or second homes) are permitted in from Monday.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
I think it is possible as they are not tourists., the are travelling through to get to properties they own in Spain
that's how we see it too.
probably 8 to 10 hours drives most days depending on when our PCR tests arrive with us.
If we get them at 18:00 we will try and cross then and travel down to Pont l'arche - if we get the results later then we cross later and stop at wissant and have longer drives the next 2 days

Hopefully they will let you in as France not open to tourists till 9 June
we have made our decisions based on gov.uk advice https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements which is

Travel between the UK and France​

Arrivals from the UK do not need to justify an essential reason to enter France. This applies to all air, car, ferry and train passengers. All other measures, detailed below, are in place for those travelling from the UK. The French government strongly advises limiting international travel to a minimum.

Arrivals from the UK will need to complete a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website.

Testing requirements​

All travellers from the UK, including children aged 11 and above, will need to present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure.

.... but as i said we will share how we get on!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Hopefully they will let you in as France not open to tourists till 9 June

All UK persons (regardless of residency or second homes) are permitted in from Monday.
The way that we have interpreted it all is that people travelling from the UK to Spain direct (flying or by sea) will be allowed in without the need for a negative PCR test

But if travelling overland through the French/Spanish border we need a negative PCR.

As we are in our campervan we are therefore getting a PCR for crossing over to France and using the same result for crossing over to Spain. If it takes longer than 72 hours from the time of the test, we will have to get another PCR somewhere in France.

That's the reason for not hanging about in France this time which is a shame, as we would have like to take it slower because we really like France too.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
The way that we have interpreted it all is that people travelling from the UK to Spain direct (flying or by sea) will be allowed in without the need for a negative PCR test

But if travelling overland through the French/Spanish border we need a negative PCR.

As we are in our campervan we are therefore getting a PCR for crossing over to France and using the same result for crossing over to Spain. If it takes longer than 72 hours from the time of the test, we will have to get another PCR somewhere in France.

That's the reason for not hanging about in France this time which is a shame, as we would have like to take it slower because we really like France too.
I hope you are correct but it is my understanding from the french site that the transit is only for people arriving and leaving by air or train ie a short stopover not travelling through but good luck . You may well be lucky .
AEE7E881-0E2C-4E14-A99A-D62D75602199.png
AEE7E881-0E2C-4E14-A99A-D62D75602199.png

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I hope you are correct but it is my understanding from the french site that the transit is only for people arriving and leaving by air or train ie a short stopover not travelling through but good luck . You may well be lucky .
View attachment 499826View attachment 499826
Sorry made a hash of that lol

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Thanks for this Spitfire.
I think that we may need this if we travel outside the curfew hours - after 21:00 and 06:00

I will be ticking Option 5 as its is the closest to getting off the tunnel...

Travel connected to transfers or transit from stations or airports as part of long-distance travel​

i will let you know how we get on!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004

remember the info below can change daily​

Covid-19 entry requirements​

Arrivals from the UK do not need to justify an essential reason to enter France. This applies to all air, car, ferry and train passengers. All other measures, detailed below, are in place for those travelling from the UK. The French government strongly advises limiting international travel to a minimum.

Arrivals from the UK will need to complete a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website.

Testing requirements​

All travellers from the UK, including children aged 11 and above, will need to present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure.

HGV or van drivers arriving in France from the UK are no longer required to provide a negative COVID-19 test to enter France. The latest information for HGV or van drivers is available here.

You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test from a private coronavirus testing provider.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From 00:00 on 24 May, current entry restrictions (listed below) and testing requirements for arrivals from the UK to Spain will no longer apply. However, travellers from the UK should be prepared to present evidence of a negative test if they have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk countries’ in the 14 days prior to travel. See Testing requirements for arrivals from the UK paragraph below.

All passengers entering Spain will still be required to complete a pre-travel declaration form. Quarantine and testing on return to the UK continues to apply. See Returning to the UK.

Entry restrictions and testing requirements continue to apply for travel to Spain from ‘risk countries’. You should refer to the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in for further advice.

Some travel restrictions and testing requirements are in place for international transit through Spanish airports by passengers on flights departing from the UK. See Transiting Spain.

Since 23 November 2020, pre-travel COVID-19 testing requirements have been in place for those travelling by air and sea from ‘risk’ countries (as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control). From 00:00 on 24 May, arrivals from the UK are no longer subject to this requirement but will have to complete a pre-travel declaration form.

If you are resident in Spain, you should carry your residence document (the green paper EU residence certificate or the new TIE), as well as your valid passport when you travel. If you are not in possession of a residence document, see Requirements for UK Nationals resident in Spain for further information.

Travellers should follow the advice of the local authorities on how best to protect themselves and others, including any measures that they bring in to control the virus. See the Coronavirus section for further information.

Mandatory pre-travel declaration form for all passengers​

Before travel to Spain, all passengers travelling by air or sea must complete and sign an online Health Control Form no more than 48 hours prior to travel declaring any known history of exposure to COVID-19 and giving contact details.

Anyone who has not completed this form electronically via the Spain Travel Health website or app, may submit it in paper format prior to boarding.

Testing requirements for arrivals from the UK​

From 00:00 on 24 May, arrivals from the UK are no longer subject to testing requirements unless they have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk’ countries in the 14 days prior to travel to Spain. All arrivals are obliged to present a pre-travel declaration and undergo health checks at the point of entry. See ‘Preparing for arrival’.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Marta, 24, was supposed to work as au pair in London. However, without a working visa, she was sent to the Colnbrook Immigration Removal Centre. Every personal belonging was seized, including her smartphone, "because they didn't want me to take pictures or videos: my window had bars, walls barbed wire. I was shocked. Another young woman from Tuscany told me she had been held there for 5 days". Dozens of EU citizens have reportedly suffered the same since January the 1st

The rules are if you come to work you need a visa. If a repatriation flight is not available within 24 hours you get moved to a removal centre until one is available. Of course the removal centre has bars and barbed wire. It is not a hotel where you can leave if you want.

5 days? perhaps she will tell her friends and they will apply for a visa before coming to the UK?

If we go easy on people who are coming to work without a visa, more will do it.

I know this sounds harsh, but I am sure the EU will do the same. Anyone caught exceeding the 90 day limit will not just get a slap on the wrist and told to leave at their earliest convenience. They will be held until a repatriation flight is available. Do you think they will be held in a 5 star hotel or a place with barbed wire fences and bars on the windows?

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Well that was easy!

Currently sitting in the queue to board the eurotunnel which leaves at 01.18

Checking the dogs in to Pet 'passport control' was very quick. They just checked microchip numbers and dates, checked the rabies and it was sorted - in and out in less than 5 minutes and thats long because they wanted to chat about the Airedales

Border Control checked our passports and that the gas was turned off in the campervan and off we went to French Passport checks. She checked our passports and Covid PCR tests on our phone and waved us though.

No checks for dairy or meat or dog food.

We asked about curfew and she said as we were just traveling through France to Catalonia, there was no problem in travelling through the night. However its getting late so we are going to tuck in to Wissant for a few hours.

It was so much easier than i expected and everyone was really friendly and pleasant.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Well that was easy!

Currently sitting in the queue to board the eurotunnel which leaves at 01.18

Checking the dogs in to Pet 'passport control' was very quick. They just checked microchip numbers and dates, checked the rabies and it was sorted - in and out in less than 5 minutes and thats long because they wanted to chat about the Airedales

Border Control checked our passports and that the gas was turned off in the campervan and off we went to French Passport checks. She checked our passports and Covid PCR tests on our phone and waved us though.

No checks for dairy or meat or dog food.

We asked about curfew and she said as we were just traveling through France to Catalonia, there was no problem in travelling through the night. However its getting late so we are going to tuck in to Wissant for a few hours.

It was so much easier than i expected and everyone was really friendly and pleasant.
thanks for the report. Always good to have first hand info.

Bon voyage / Buen Viaje / bon viatge

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Ive had a message yesterday from daughter who lives in spain that spain are going on green list from june 7th ......yahooo if it happens

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Ive had a message yesterday from daughter who lives in spain that spain are going on green list from june 7th ......yahooo if it happens
Interesting...our Media hasn't mentioned this.... I'll dig deeper...🤔🇪🇦
Thought it was decided by UK Government...
Spain has welcomed UK visitors from last Monday....however they are still an Amber restricted zone...

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
that's how we see it too.
probably 8 to 10 hours drives most days depending on when our PCR tests arrive with us.
If we get them at 18:00 we will try and cross then and travel down to Pont l'arche - if we get the results later then we cross later and stop at wissant and have longer drives the next 2 days

we have made our decisions based on gov.uk advice https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements which is

Testing requirements​

.... but as i said we will share how we get on!
Your link also states a little further down.

Self-isolation​

Passengers arriving in France from the UK will also be required to self-isolate for seven days on arrival, before taking another PCR test. Exit from this self-isolation period is subject to a negative test result. Find more information on how to get a PCR test in France.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Your link also states a little further down.

Self-isolation​

Passengers arriving in France from the UK will also be required to self-isolate for seven days on arrival, before taking another PCR test. Exit from this self-isolation period is subject to a negative test result. Find more information on how to get a PCR test in France.
yes it does but when i asked the French passport officer she said that doesn't apply if you are travelling through.

We actually arrived at Auzon tonight and the weather is glorious... t shirt and shorts (and no socks) for the first time for ages. We are now just a short 6 hours drive to Catalonia, so hopefully we can get stuck in to sorting the house out and then chilling for a few weeks.

Back to the UK in early July when Spain may be green....

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
yes it does but when i asked the French passport officer she said that doesn't apply if you are travelling through.

We actually arrived at Auzon tonight and the weather is glorious... t shirt and shorts (and no socks) for the first time for ages. We are now just a short 6 hours drive to Catalonia, so hopefully we can get stuck in to sorting the house out and then chilling for a few weeks.

Back to the UK in early July when Spain may be green....
That's great to know. There is now another thread running stating France has just announced visitors must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. I shall redirect them to your post! Wont stop the crap from being posted though.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
"spain are going on green list from june 7th" - Been looking at every Spanish news/radio/channels and web pages and NOTHING must be FAKE news sorry.

Would be nice though.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Does anyone know if the quarantine and pcr still applies to France after 9th June?
Looks like they have just announced a longer and mandatory quarantine period for travellers entering France from the UK. We will get more clarity in the coming days no doubt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back