Spain, Desperate to get us back ! (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
As stated in my ‘run down’, there are copious amounts of Brits who are well behaved and are other nations as bad?

But to counter your post, and in the spirit of rule one to not personalise, the press does like to latch on to highlighting poor Brit behaviour - as stated.

How true it is remains to be quantified…
There can have been few Brits anywhere in Spain in the last 18 months to behave badly or otherwise so why now?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There can have been few Brits anywhere in Spain in the last 18 months to behave badly or otherwise so why now?
We were here 🥳.as was that tearaway Gus Lopez 🤭..all known to cause havoc in the eyes of the Guardia Civil...
We are all going to be swilling copious amounts of San Miguel, perhaps not Gus, in the coming weeks as temperatures are set to soar....37°c tomorrow in our region....and it's only May..Madre Mia!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So without any personal experience you as a Brit are happy to run down your own countrymen/women - Why?

As someone who used to regularly pick up trailers around the Alicante area I'd always try to stop in Spanish area of Benidorm. It isn't great in the Brit part as the day wears on . At night it the same as a Friday or Saturday night when the pubs/clubs throw out in the UK but worse. And every night.

There have been plenty here over winter and infected as well up around Benidorm. A few have let slip even on here that they had covid-19.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
An off the cuff personal comment / observation driven by no sound data only by general media coverage of poorly behaved Brits in areas such as Benidorm ( where copious amounts of well behaved Brits also holiday).

The press seem to latch onto - as recent pre lockdown coverage of Brits in pools abusing COVID rules and running groups of Brits telling the Guardia that they have COVID and will do what they like.

Byass reporting? other nations have just as bad thugs?

Either way the local, Guardia and national police - as in other countries- have better things to do than manage mushroom drunk persons being a law unto themselves.

We were all young once and not all of us were angels, I guess 👍🏽
I have had many dealings with the Guardia and Police over the last 35 years of travelling through Spain.

With two exceptions. One I was fined a ridiculous amount of money for clipping chevrons and recently with the CNR at the airport. Rude scruffy bunch with no manners.

Other than that, I have always been dealt with well, often very politely. I have been stopped many times at check points. Always been legal. Even in 2016 when I had no vehicle documents or a very presentable license or even my passport. I was simply allowed on my way with a polite request to ensure I had them in the future. I was in my UK Car at the time too.

I guess having a smattering of Spanish mixed with Spanglish may help 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Really helpful Gus. thank you.

It does read as if you can cross the border now but you need a negative PCR in last 72 hours.

So maybe the difference from 20th May is that you can cross the border without the need a PCT test?

I have had a look at the form and the SPTH app and it looks as if you only can fill this if you fly in as you need the flight number?

Thanks again

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I have had a look at the form and the SPTH app and it looks as if you only can fill this if you fly in as you need the flight number?
It is nonsense. They state in first link you now need the declartion when entering by any means & link to the second link which is ,as you say, for flights. That isn't the actual form though.You have to input those details then submit then it sends you a link to put in to access the actal forms. I'd try bunging in where it says " flight number " "travelling by road" If I recall from before people arriving by boat had to put the sailing in that flight number box.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
It is nonsense. They state in first link you now need the declartion when entering by any means & link to the second link which is ,as you say, for flights. That isn't the actual form though.You have to input those details then submit then it sends you a link to put in to access the actal forms.
So do I - has almost all my interests - M/Bikes / MoHo's / Tech / Cars / Travel, and some stuff for SWMBO, bargain !!

Same here I will never book in advance again. We wrote a nice email explaining it all and just got a very short reply, no it will not be extended and you have bought a flexible ticket ! But unfortunately this wasn't an option when I booked as i would have definatley spent the little extra for one.

I'd try bunging in where it says " flight number " "travelling by road"

Yep I tried that initially but it has to be in s certain format. I think it was 2 letters and numbers...
I think I will have to wait and see what happens on Thursday..

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I hoping by the time we arrive in Santander on the 7th June (or rather “IF”). There will be a further announcements from Spanish and UK Governments, that will ease and not require expensive tests on return.

I really need to get to our house in Spain. Deal with the Local council, lawyers and access our bank accounts.

It’s been 8 months since we were last there and 7 months without access to banking.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
I hoping by the time we arrive in Santander on the 7th June (or rather “IF”). There will be a further announcements from Spanish and UK Governments, that will ease and not require expensive tests on return.

I really need to get to our house in Spain. Deal with the Local council, lawyers and access our bank accounts.

It’s been 8 months since we were last there and 7 months without access to banking.
We are in a similar position as you. We have not been at our house since October and we had some work done over the winter which we need to check out before some rental guests arrive in early July. And there is always redcoration and gardening to be done. Would just like to get there, do the work and have a bit of a holiday in the sun!

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We are in a similar position as you. We have not been at our house since October and we had some work done over the winter which we need to check out before some rental guests arrive in early July. And there is always redcoration and gardening to be done. Would just like to get there, do the work and have a bit of a holiday in the sun!
Are you diving or flying ? Do you mind me asking what region ?

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Don't you access via internet? Shouldn't be any problem re; brexit if it was a non-resident account before as
it hasn't changed?
I have internet banking with one of the big BANKS. They insist I have to visit the branch we bank at in person. I have spoken to head office in Madrid on 6 occasions. They cannot help other than insist in the meantime, I telephone bank with the head office. It’s all to do with two step authentication

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
We too are desperate to get out there to see exactly what we've paid for ..
Had some external work on our apartment done and only seen a few photos... banking hasn't been a problem for us as its all online and direct debit..

Hopefully we will be free to go end of July 🤔

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Right we are off!
well on Tuesday morning we are. It would be earlier but the boss is having her hair done on Monday afternoon...
Dogs have had their Animal Health Certificates today - a little expensive... actually very expensive...
PCR tests booked for Tuesday morning at 10:00am
Tunnel booked for just after midnight on Tuesday / Wednesday
Need to cross the border into Spain by 10:00 am on Friday
Will share how we get on... or not get on...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Right we are off!
well on Tuesday morning we are. It would be earlier but the boss is having her hair done on Monday afternoon...
Dogs have had their Animal Health Certificates today - a little expensive... actually very expensive...
Safe journey,,,hide your FB pies,,BUSBY.😀

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Right we are off!
Hopefully they will let you in as France not open to tourists till 9 June

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I would think that the people in the UK who have another home there are a massive addition to their economy,,,typical EU attitude.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I think it is possible as they are not tourists., the are travelling through to get to properties they own in Spain
As long as they fit the criteria for immigration officer which is why I said I hope they let you in . No problem for nationals or residents at the moment but not second home owners here till 9 June .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back