Spain car parts ....what are the places called (1 Viewer)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm currently in torrelavega and I need to get rear brake pads for my fiat Ducato tag axle.

Google is useless at finding me car parts suppliers , so far I've been at a tyre place a mercedes dealership and a car accessory shop none of which do parts and don't speak enough English to tell me where you get parts. They repair cars so they must get them from somewhere.
Can't find a fiat dealer online either
Losing the will to live and need these parts kinda soon.

Anyone know what the Spanish equivalent of a motor factors is ?

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed be lucky

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I use Broken Link Removed

It's all in Portuguese so if you can't work it out use the English site and get the code you want and then use the Portuguese site. Broken Link Removed

They can delivery to various shops etc so if you are staying or going to be near a place check for collection points in that area. Bit Iike you can do with eBay and have stuff sent to Argos etc in Uk.

Where abouts are you at the moment?

You could check out a scrap/spare car yard, they can normally source new parts quickly as well.

Shawn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Think I'm a bit behind as to where abouts you are now, thought you was still in Portugal.

They do have a Spanish site as well.

Broken Link Removed

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
The Spanish for car/van parts is autorecambios.

You could Google for "tiendas autorecambios" near to you.
One big national chain is called "ad autorecambios"

Rear Brake pads are "pastillas de frenos traseras".

Almost all will insist on seeing (or you telling them) your VIN number on your V5 to establish exactly which pads are needed.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Take your IPad in with google translate. Worked in the Doctors in Jaca

Me gustaría algunas pastillas de freno traseras para el montón de basura fuera

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
What chassis is it on. It could be Al-Ko not Fiat in which case you could do with a MH Dealer or order from the Uk and get them posted. All your chassis number will give you is the Fiat parts.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok thank you to all who replied ....panic over I found a place that sold and repaired motorhomes so I thought I would go ask them. Two brothers own it and one spoke some English he got the details from the tech plate under the bonet and managed to get the numbers needed to decide which of three possibilities were fitted he has ordered them from his supplier in Santander and they will be at his garage by 1 pm tomorrow
€113 euros for 2 sets of brembo pads which hopefully I can fit with no problems.

I've never done the rear ones on a tag axle before so I'm hoping there's no complications.
Anyone know if these do the handbrake too or are they like the van with a separate shoe for the handbrake?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
...none of which do parts and don't speak enough English to tell me where you get parts.

Errr, what a typical British/colonial view!!
I think they would say that you as a visitor to their country don't speak enough of THEIR language????:rolleyes:
:D;) :whistle:
(Mind you, the technicalities and infrastructure of the motor trade are not covered in most language study courses). :LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Errr, what a typical British/colonial view!!
I think they would say that you as a visitor to their country don't speak enough of THEIR language????:rolleyes:
:D;) :whistle:
Now now. .I try to speak spanish as much as i can ...but i didn't know the Spanish words for the parts or how to explain what I needed.

You can't just walk in to a place here like the UK and buy parts
So much easier to describe what I needed in English than in Spanish and Google translate was useless

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Now now. .I try to speak spanish as much as i can ...but i didn't know the Spanish words for the parts or how to explain what I needed.

Just being mischievous :whistle:
14 years of my career was in European marketing so I have a bit of Italian, a fair command of Spanish and more or less fluent in business and social French and German. However, when I joined a new electronic equipment manufacturer they said I (a non-techy) was the perfect chap to translate their corporate brochure. Boy did I struggle with translating text along the lines of:
'The robust 19" stove enamelled modular toroidal transformer amplifier mainframes have three configurable 75Ohm D-sub microphone balanced inputs and two 100v line inputs constantly monitored with a 20KHz surveillance tone.

It wasn't helped by my American boss's attitude of: 'Never mind that nerdy tech speak. Sell 'em the sizzle not the steak'.

I eventually cribbed the translations from a competitor's literature. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back