May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Advice please.
The best Winter (Early January) route to drive from Bilbao to Algeciras (8m, 4.5t MoHo), to avoid as much as possible climbing too high on the mountains, without making it much longer journey.
Thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most of internal spain is higher than ben nevis ,so perhaps you had better just follow the coast around spain ,portugal
even from the med its only a few miles in but high and you can go skiing.
most main roads are cleared of snow though.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Further to my post above. I did the Irun to Algecerias run earlier this year during the winter. After crossing the boarder on the A63 at Irun I brimmed at the cheap Alcamp fuel station a little further on then basically took the non toll route to Algecerias via Burgos, Valladolid, Merida & Sevilla. Easy peasy with plenty of stopover options on the way down.

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
We came for a look round and because of a funeral were delayed and missed our booking Portsmouth-Bilbao so did Hull-Zeebrugge the toll roads down to Hondarribia which is between San Sebastian and Biarritz, lovely little place, campsite next to the lighthouse, then on to Camping Picos de Europa then to Ponferrada, where there is a Wonderful castle of the Nights of the Templars, nice little fire with electric 5 euros a night, then on to Santiago de Compostela where we are now, Portugal next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back