Space between vehicles (1 Viewer)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
We are now using storage for our Motorhome. When we first put it in storage we had a good spot with a reasonable space between vehicles.

We went up to the storage site today and our Motorhome had been moved. There was not even enough room to open the habitation door without it hitting the Motorhome next door. I am not happy about that, because we have only just acquired (new to us) Motorhome and it cost a lot of money.

Can storage owners stack us all in like sardines.

Would like your advise, thanks

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I certainly haven't seen any in my area parked without enough room to open the hab door,
As for moving my pride and joy I'm afraid they'd get a Glazgee Kiss. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
We went up to the storage site today and our Motorhome had been moved. There was not even enough room to open the habitation door without it hitting the Motorhome next door. I am not happy about that, because we have only just acquired (new to us) Motorhome and it cost a lot of money.

Is it the storage company near Ashburton? I had my MH there for a short while and the space allocated was extremely narrow.

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks for the replies. They insist on having a key when you leave the Motorhome with them in case they have to move it for any reason.
Is it the storage company near Ashburton? I had my MH there for a short while and the space allocated was extremely narrow.
it is at Mullacott Caravans.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Depends what you’ve agreed to. At ours, it’s a marked space indicated by fixed number boards. I’ve just had to ‘mark our territory’ with some paving slabs and yellow tape on the fence because the person to my left appears unable to get his caravan in the middle. No fault of the site owners.
There’s no way I would be leaving keys and allowing them to move it. If there is no agreed space size then I would think you have no argument.
I’d look for somewhere else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back