Southwest (Bath) Motorhome Show 2021 (3 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I'm attending with the good lady on Friday, we are in the process of looking for our first motorhome so hoping the show will be useful to help us decide on a layout we like etc.
Hope all you funsters on the rally have a fantastic time.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Does anyone know if there are any exhibitors at the show that will stock shurflo water pumps. If not I'll have to drive down to Ilminster to collect one. Luckily I'm tugging the car to the show.
Thanks Phil.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
ATTENTION those booke who cannot now come.

Good morning all.

Ready for the Fun to commence but could we ask that those unable to attend, or will be arriving a day late, send a PM, (private message) by starting a Conversation with us or Emmit please? We need your surname and vehicle registration.number as we do not of t have access to the cross reference list to forum names.

It avoids us waiting out in vain for folks to arrive.

Thanks and best wishes to all.

Robin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
ATTENTION those booke who cannot now come.

Good morning all.

Ready for the Fun to commence but could we ask that those unable to attend, or will be arriving a day late, send a PM, (private message) by starting a Conversation with us or Emmit please? We need your surname and vehicle registration.number as we do not of t have access to the cross reference list to forum names.

It avoids us waiting out in vain for folks to arrive.

Thanks and best wishes to all.

Robin
Robin PM sent. Thanks. Derry

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
What silly pair got locked out of their van. You guest it. A big thank you to DMS and his team for saving the day and getting us back into the van.
Also a big thank you my Welsh mate Swansea Jack for the elegant way he climbed into the van. I do wish I had a camera 😀😀🥲

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I noticed for the first time ever the Warner’s marshal on the gate checked my reg plate against the entry paperwork in my windscreen.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
TWO BIG THANK YOU
DMS WE SMASHED OUR GLASS PANEL OVER THE GAS HOB,DONT PILE CUPS IN THAT CUPBOARD,UNABLE TO GET ONE ANYWHERE UNTIL I SPOKE TO ALAN FROM DMS HE ORDERED THE PART FROM A GERMAN WHEN AT THE MALVERN SHOW AND NOW IN THE SHEPTON MALLET SHOW THE PART IS NOW FITTER ON THE HOB GREAT SERVICE ,ALSO CHOCY BOY AS HE SAID LOCKED HIMSELF OUT OF HIS MOTOR HOME LAST NIGHT DMS TEAM WORKED HARD TO OPEN A WINDOW
SO AGAIN A BIG THANKYOU TO DMS AND THE TEAM

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For the info. of all at the Show.

Mary Emmit has the stall open next to their Burstner selling books (for men and ladies), DVD'S, CD's and Prostate Cancer T Shirts (All Sizes), all in aid of Prostate Cancer UK.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
For the info. of all at the Show.

Mary Emmit has the stall open next to their Burstner selling books (for men and ladies), DVD'S, CD's and Prostate Cancer T Shirts (All Sizes), all in aid of Prostate Cancer UK.
Will ask Alex if she has any old kiddos books to bring along if you would like. She’s just gone to a meeting so not sure time will allow. Happy to try though if any good

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Will ask Alex if she has any old kiddos books to bring along if you would like. She’s just gone to a meeting so not sure time will allow. Happy to try though if any good
Thanks for that. I have to point out that we only sell Fiction paperbacks.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Hope you guys have fun. With regret we won’t be making it due to children’s dad letting us down literally now. We don’t think it’s wise with the weather or fair for the kids to have them
Stay in the awning. Oh the joys of having a freeloading waster of children’s dad. Obv with no ticket swaps or give away we won’t be offering it to anyone. Apologies 😢

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
To all those Funsters who are currently at the Show (and even those who wish they were here) can I give a 'Heads Up' to the "Follow On" event to the Show that starts on Monday 13th September for 4 nts.

The rally is at Ashcombe Farm at West Pennard, Glastonbury. The Campsite does have toilets and showers and Fun have exclusive use of the whole site.
Full details are in the 'Scheduled Rally' section of Fun.

We only have four places available on a non EHU pitch and the pitch fee for the 4 nts. is £42.

See Emmit on the front row of Fun area of the Show or send me a 'Conversation'

Reactions: Jim
Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
We have a Corninum will be with Funsters at Shepton .come and have a chat
Brilliant, thank you Michael,

Will bring my friends to see you.

Regards

Chris
Can you give us a time and day just to make sure we are in ,Thanks

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Sat in the Sun on a Sunny morning at Shepton.

We're all packed up? ready to head the short distance to Ashcombe Farm at Glastonbury for the'Follow on', (pitches still available, see author for details!)

Before we arrived at Shepton, Funsters kindly gave us 'stuff' to sell. We sold that. We also sold a prodigious number of books.
Here comes the begging part. If you are going to Lincoln, could I ask that you leave space in the van for a few clean, paperback fiction books. Try and find someone that is heading for the Halloween Rally and ask them to take them there. We will take them and sell them in aid of Prostate Cancer research.
At Shepton we raised over £130, the vast majority of which came in the sale of books, freely donated.
Regards and thank you in advance.

Derek and Mary aka Emmit

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For the information of attendees at this event.

I have just sent a cheque and letter to Prostate Cancer UK in the sum of £133.00.
We did sell a prodigious number of books and sales of goods and generous donations swelled the coffers.

I will publish their letter of receipt in due course.

Thank you, one and all.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

This morning I received the letter from Prostate Cancer UK receipting the monies received by them
as a result of the sales of Books, T Shirts and other stuff sold at Shepton. (and other places

It would seem that they have included (without mentioning it) the monies raised at the Follow On rally
at Glastonbury. This has somewhat Bu&&ered up my Financial housekeeping???

Anyway, the monies received by them totalled £315.00

Give yourselves, along with the wider Motorhome community, a well deserved round of applause.

Blatant plug incoming. If you go to 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' you will find a thread entitled "Forthcoming Rallies planned for 2022"
This gives the publication dates for the Rallies the Emmit's have planned for next year.

Attachments

• PC Shepton, Glasto Letter.pdf
    442.5 KB · Views: 11
Nov 7, 2022
Bovey Tracey, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto/Trail 700
Exp
Since 1980, tents, caravans, motor homes.
Good afternoon all. I’m coming to the show on Thursday /Sunday septemper. My partnerSue is a lot better after her chemo. There are only day tickets available and pay at the gate, are there any spaces on the motor home fun rally field available please thank you. Rob

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Good afternoon all. I’m coming to the show on Thursday /Sunday septemper. My partnerSue is a lot better after her chemo. There are only day tickets available and pay at the gate, are there any spaces on the motor home fun rally field available please thank you. Rob
Hi Rob.

Pleased Sue is a lot better after chemo. Its a horrid thing to go through.

I am so sorry to advise that if you come in as a day visitor you will be in the day visitor car park and will not be allowed to drive through the site for safety reasons. We are also not allowed to take additional vans without the explicit permission of Warners senior staff which is very rarely given (None that I know of in the last two years). That's mainly for safety reasons as in emergencies, they need to know in which area of the showground a particular vehicle is parked. Nothing to stop you ringing them on 01778 391123 and trying with an explanation of why you are so late. However, they have already sent us the list of attendees.

You are of course welcome to wander over to the Fun area and meet whoever is there at the time. There is no tea tent at this show, so best make for the marshals position. You will be welcome.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi Rob.

Pleased Sue is a lot better after chemo. Its a horrid thing to go through.

I am so sorry to advise that if you come in as a day visitor you will be in the day visitor car park and will not be allowed to drive through the site for safety reasons. We are also not allowed to take additional vans without the explicit permission of Warners senior staff which is very rarely given (None that I know of in the last two years). That's mainly for safety reasons as in emergencies, they need to know in which area of the showground a particular vehicle is parked. Nothing to stop you ringing them on 01778 391123 and trying with an explanation of why you are so late. However, they have already sent us the list of attendees.

You are of course welcome to wander over to the Fun area and meet whoever is there at the time. There is no tea tent at this show, so best make for the marshals position. You will be welcome.
This thread is 2021 . There maybe a Moore up to date one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back