Southport Weekend (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We will be setting off from Leeds on Saturday afternoon straight after my daughter finishes her football match.

Is there anything I need to know? I have the postcode and a satnav.
Are any folk bringing kids?

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well that failed !

Arrive carpark, wife freaks out "I couldn't sleep here, no fence".

No point in pushing her, so we left.

Sorry.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
your kidding, there must be 40 units here, talk about safety in numbers surely if its safe enough for us its safe enough for you, we have stayed here a number of times with no problems, Take it you've never stayed on the aires in France.

Don't get me wrong, were not having ago at you its each to their own and if your not comfortable you shouldn't stay, maybe you should think about an offical rally like Newark or better still Peterborogh during the light nights to start.

I remember our first time, most of us will, we were happrehensive but its worth doing just for the crowd. Maybe you'll call back tomorrow if your close enough and say hello:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Plenty of sunshine at Southport this morning.
As Blisters, says over 40 units here including tuggers.
Get your skates on Jezport

Soundman

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
And the vans a swaying, not sure if thats the wind or the wine:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
your kidding, there must be 40 units here... Take it you've never stayed on the aires in France.
Don't get me wrong, were not having ago at you its each to their own

More like 10 when we saw it.

No aires either, the municiple campsites are so cheap we've gone for more facilities, but one aire is schuled next month.

No offense taken. We're not quite beginners, did 10K miles last year from the north of Scotland to Venice. Another 5K or so lined up for April including Morocco with DD.

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Well that failed !

Arrive carpark, wife freaks out "I couldn't sleep here, no fence".

No point in pushing her, so we left.

Sorry.

I have stopped at southport many times sometimes the only RV there and its 100% safe security walk round at nighttime and theres CCTV, wish l could have made it this weekend but just got back from 2 weeks in the Dominican so lifes a bitch but we carnt do it all see you at Newark.
Paul

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Had a wounderful weekend weather pritty good great company, sat outside drinking coffee and chatting (see photo), thanks guys, see most of you at Newark:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Looks like you have had a good weekend, great weather! If it was a little closer I would certainly have joined you.

We are going up there hopefully for the Southport Air Show in September.

My husband come from up that way, and we are popping in to see the dreaded mother in law (first time we can say sorry we cant say we have our own accomodation )he he.

See you all at Newark, which is only a few weeks away, hooray!

Regards Pat

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We had a good weekend. We met some nice people, its a shame thet members didn't have stickers or flags on their vans as at first it was hard to know who was there with the cc&c and who was there with MH Fun.

My parrot enjoyed herself also, she is unusually quiet tonight after all her excersise today.

bandit 1

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
hi top van conv
Exp
6 years
Anybody out there interested in another weekend at Pleasurelands Southport Carpark.:ROFLMAO:

Weekend: 13th March-15th March

Always a good weekend and close to Lord Street:thumb:

Soundman

Hi Paul and Sue,
Just to say thanks for an absolutley great weekend, apart from yellow coated jobs worth!!!
weather and venue where excellent and we look forward to doing it again in the very near future.

Pam (Bandit 1 )
:thumb::Cool:::bigsmile::roflmto::thumb:

bandit 1

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
hi top van conv
Exp
6 years
And the vans a swaying, not sure if thats the wind or the wine:ROFLMAO:

Hi Blisters,
Bandit here, Pam and Neil in the little camper van!!!
Cracking weekend. Nice to have met you and thank you for coming.... Hope to meet you again soon.

Regards
Pam and Neil

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Thanks to Paul for suggesting this meet, and to all who came except the c&cc marshall who turned up sunday morn in fluorescent yellow jacket with placard taking everybody's reg no. & wanting money.
A bit breezy saturday probably stopped us from having a get together, but maybe next time.
Tried for 2 hrs to get the wheel nuts off right rear, only managed 5 out of 6 ( not tried left rear) it's going back tomorrow to the garage who put 6 new tyres on then welded the wheel nuts !
Graham & Kay, the brunch looked very inviting, but we had to go.

regards to all

Allen & Eileen

bandit 1

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
hi top van conv
Exp
6 years
Thanks to Paul for suggesting this meet, and to all who came except the c&cc marshall who turned up sunday morn in fluorescent yellow jacket with placard taking everybody's reg no. & wanting money.
A bit breezy saturday probably stopped us from having a get together, but maybe next time.
Tried for 2 hrs to get the wheel nuts off right rear, only managed 5 out of 6 ( not tried left rear) it's going back tomorrow to the garage who put 6 new tyres on then welded the wheel nuts !
Graham & Kay, the brunch looked very inviting, but we had to go.

regards to all

Allen & Eileen

Hi,
Pam here,
Hope you get yr brakes sorted, common fault with the merc sprinter. Let me know how it goes.
Regard.
Bandit 1

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
Hi,
Pam here,
Hope you get yr brakes sorted, common fault with the merc sprinter. Let me know how it goes.
Regard.
Bandit 1

Just back from nat tyres. Even the mech struggled to get nuts off. Then torqued them to a torque that I could undo with the kit as supplied standard with sprinter base.
he also said the rear discs had corrosion and that was the grinding noise. Loads left on the pads, & the disc looked plenty thick enough. Quoted just short of £ 300 to replace the rear pads & discs !!!
I'm going to take wheels off and have a look myself.
Can I take a grinder (with care) to the rust on the discs ?

Allen

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
>>>>>and to all who came except the c&cc marshall who turned up sunday morn in fluorescent yellow jacket with placard taking everybody's reg no. & wanting money.<<<<<<

I thought it was a private car park,why would someone want to collect more money,could it have been a scam?

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can I take a grinder (with care) to the rust on the discs ?
Allen

Probably not but if you take them to a local engineer with a big lathe they can skim a bit off.

Personally I have a go with abrasive paper if it was just a case of knocking the high spots of but the disc pads should do this anyway.

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
>>>>>and to all who came except the c&cc marshall who turned up sunday morn in fluorescent yellow jacket with placard taking everybody's reg no. & wanting money.<<<<<<

I thought it was a private car park,why would someone want to collect more money,could it have been a scam?

I have bumped this up how can someone who is not the owner demand money?

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
I have bumped this up how can someone who is not the owner demand money?

What this busybody did was to ask / not quite demand money from us. When we told him where to go he rang the owner and apparantly told him that there were a few people parking up and refusing to pay. The owners brother came down and we explained that we only refused to pay the nosey git !
Hope that clears it a bit.
Allen

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
One for JIM.

The dark side have a downloadable A4 flag - do the good guys ?

well I have a better one than that. I have a MHFun one that was done by Bryan at a meet so everybody will know whom i am at Newark,

please come over and say hello, that way I can feel more important in from of me knew dog and show some dominance.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Don't know where the guy was coming from, he was with the C&CC rally, he knew we were funsters and therefore nothing to do with him, so why he got involved I don't know. the guy let the bit of power offered to him by C&CC as organiser go to his head, if he'd been there all week i'm sured he'd have organised Southport.

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
What a fantastic weekend. :Smile:
I won't go on about the warden bit, I think that's been well covered now.
Blisters idea about a flag/pennant/sticker I think would be a good idea though.:thumb:
Looks like your getting somewhere with the brakes Walburger, good luck there.
Well Bandit_1 what a Tardis! and what a great guy you brought with you too.

Look forward to doing it all again at Newark

Soundman

bandit 1

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
hi top van conv
Exp
6 years
What a fantastic weekend. :Smile:
I won't go on about the warden bit, I think that's been well covered now.
Blisters idea about a flag/pennant/sticker I think would be a good idea though.:thumb:
Looks like your getting somewhere with the brakes Walburger, good luck there.
Well Bandit_1 what a Tardis! and what a great guy you brought with you too.

Look forward to doing it all again at Newark

Soundman

Hi Sue and Paul,
Thanks for that. Had a great time with great company.
Many thanks.
See you real soon

Pam an Neil :thumb::winky:::bigsmile::Smile::Cool::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back