Southern Spain site for overwintering (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
View attachment 449303
I have a 15 gallon "tote tank" which if I need to I can use to "decant" the black tank and use any normal "cassette emptying point"

Sometimes on sites when there is a drive over point its sometimes easier to empty the tank this way rather than help wash up ;)

The tank comes with a tow hook, which I have adapted so I hook it up on the back of my bike and cycle backwards are forwards
Hi Edie' Who makes the 'Tote Tank' please ,,how much &where ??

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Edie' Who makes the 'Tote Tank' please ,,how much &where ??

I bought mine from amazon.com which is a great way of buying stuff from the States, they will quote you a price delivered into the UK including Taxes and delivery.

I paid about £160 for mine and would buy another one tomorrow if I needed to.

I have a Croozer dog trailer for our GSD and the towing shaft fits into the eye designed for a car tow ball a treat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Speaking from someone who lives in Spain, as you haven't been to any of the recommended sites, I personally wouldn't commit to any, I don't think anyone is going to give you problems, providing you can tell them that ask your next destination that would be good enough. 🙂

Here on the Costa Blanca, you see all nationalities parked off site, some longer than others, even though the campsites are half full, they don't appear to being moved on, so I would go with the flow, check out the sites and areas because unlike normal years they are not full and you will get on, rushing down to southern Spain doesn't necessarily mean that the weather is better, because you can get storms from the Atlantic. 😲 🙂

Camping Pinos San Jose was mentioned, 🤔 Yes nice site and not your normal campsite more camping in the forest, a nice walk to sandy beaches, 😉 but we unlike some could never stay a couple of months, we are all different and it's better to make your own mind up. 😁
It could spoil your winter break, if you commit your stay to a site and hate it. 😟

Although we had rented villas in Javea and loved it, when we came in the motorhome Janie hated camping Javea, I said we will give it a month, and over the years the stay got longer, and after 10 years on the site we moved here, and driving around viewing villas I couldn't be tempted to buy one, although we had been country folk in the UK, I wanted to be near the beach and walking distance to restaurants and have people around, 🙂 rather than seeing nobody and having to get in the car to go anywhere like we have always done in the past. 😁 Bob.

Sophiestone

Free Member
Jan 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
we want to eurotunnel over and drive down to southern Spain in January. Really feeling up in the air as to whether we can or can’t . Are people coming still ??

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
For those travelling through France, the new rules only say ‘paper work’ if you are travelling at night. 8pm and 6am . Nothing for day time travelling.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Mr porky Just seen that there are extra restrictions in various regions between 23rd December to 15th January - it doesn't appear that you can even travel through the Valencia region, maybe something to investigate if you've got a toute planned this way?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Mr porky Just seen that there are extra restrictions in various regions between 23rd December to 15th January - it doesn't appear that you can even travel through the Valencia region, maybe something to investigate if you've got a toute planned this way?
yes true. No travel allowed through region for anything other than essential journeys. It would need to be by passed.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
It’s going to be northern Spain, Madrid then through Granada.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back