Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,

Off to France next week for a long anticipated fortnight away from work. Anyone got any suggestions for itinerary? Got all the books but would be nice to have some suggestions from recent travellers.

Regards

Neil
:Smile:

Spatey

Free Member
Apr 21, 2010
Doncaster Sth Yorks
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 months
We are going to Brittany next week so any information would be greatly appreciated. We are making for the Loire Valley but got no plans as such. We are going over on the 16th and will be there for 2 weeks :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Southern Brittany

Carnac
Arzon (Gulf de Morbihan)
Quiberon

Bit further round the coast out of Brittany but not far

Piriac Sur Mer Lovely place

Their are Aires and wild spots at all of the above however the Municipal at Arzon is better than the Aire and not much more expensive.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We had a week at Trinite sur mer last week Forget the name of the site but it was something la plage. Really nice site/ place.

That was my first (but definitely not last) trip to Brittany so can't really make any other suggestions sorry. the site was £100 Inc EHU for the week which I thought was great given it's position.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Raining at the moment !!! Boo Hoo !!!

The Atlantic coast of Aquitaine ! That's where I am at the moment...Presently at Montalivet . An aire with free facilities including wi-fi !! :thumb:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

Honfleur, Caen and Mont Saint Michel are worth visiting, as are several other places in the area. I have just done a trip along the Loire Valley which was very good, especially if you are into biking, but I would ignore the bit to the west of Nantes which is industrial. The rest of the route I did as far as Briare was really good, to be continued another time.::bigsmile:

I have posted some photos in the members albums area.

Mike

Deleted User
The Guerande peninsula, which is 'west of Nantes' is well worth a visit and not too far off the beaten track.The area has lots of Aires and campsites and several small coastal towns/resorts/fishing ports such as Le Croisic, La Turballe, Batz sur Mer,Piriac sur Mer, Mesquer/Quimiac. The Cote Sauvage between Le Pouliguen and Le Croisic is superb as is the coast between La Turballe and Mesquer. Guerande is surrounded by intact medieaval walls and part of the moat, very picturesque. La Baule is an upmarket resort with a huge half moon beach, the whole area is very popular with the French in the summer

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Last years trip round Brittanny

Hi, We travelled from South to North and there were loads of places that stuck in our minds as lovely and more than that motorhome friendly. We particularly liked Cameret sur Mer ::bigsmile:and the Abers estuary area:thumb:. Quiberon is overloaded with folk at high season and the big aire outside was charging with a credit card entry - queue to get in and out and loads of fun when your card doesnt work:ROFLMAO:. Carnac is a great spot for prehistory with a good aire come early since the French were camped out in it:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back